Ted Dekker

Are YOU part of The Circle?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Donner wrote:
underdogfan710 wrote:
Donner wrote:Someone who has no life needs to write a Thr3e style novel about Dr. Watson, Jessicado, and I and whoever else is all in the same mind... :anxious:
How about you? O:)
I'll just quit my three jobs and get divorced and I should clear up plenty of spare time! \:D/
I would totally buy that book :D .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

How dare we let this thread slip into oblivion! :x

Has anyone read any of Dekker's The Lost Book series? I'm thinking of buying them and/or Adam. Any thoughts?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

My library supposedly is getting Adam. I dunno. I have it on hold.. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Trent DeWhite wrote:How dare we let this thread slip into oblivion! :x

Has anyone read any of Dekker's The Lost Book series? I'm thinking of buying them and/or Adam. Any thoughts?
yeah, I read the first 2 (the last two aren't out yet), and I'm just now reading Saint, since there was a reference to it in Chosen. The Lost Books are pretty good. Although I'm not too sure about the whole "follow your heart" thing... Saint is really good so far.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I hated Saint. It started with great potential but just kept going downhill in my opinion.

Anyway I might get Adam, just because everyone is giving you a $10 certificate if you buy it on certain dates. ;) So I could then use this said certificate on... South Park or something education like that.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The Top Crusader wrote:I hated Saint. It started with great potential but just kept going downhill in my opinion.
Nooo, don't tell me that! jk.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, a lot of people do like it, so hopefully I'm in the minority and you'll enjoy it. ;)

It just went in a very odd direction at a certain point, and I was enjoying the original direction a lot more. :(
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Well, Ted Dekker is known for going in odd directions. And just when you think you know where it's going...
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Haha, yeah, like at the end of Skin..

Saint I didn't mind as much as Showdown. I didn't like Showdown near as much..
...I hate marquees.
Narnia55
Just visiting

Post by Narnia55 »

Ted Dekker is, without a doubt, my favourite writer ever. Never before have I seen a writer describe God and Christianity in a way that can actually attract so many non-Christians.

Who here is reading Adam? I am about 2/3 done the book, and it is very well written, and explains the supernatural in a very interesting way.

One question for all you Dekker fans out there. I was telling my friend about the book Adam, and she was disgusted. She is a Christian as well, and said how can any Christian describe killings and murderous plots like that? She is convinved that Dekker is not a Christian, no matter how I try to explain it.

So, how do you guys explain Dekker to people without freaking them out? (especially when they will not read one of his books after hearing what it's about)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well obviously there is no murder or violence in the Bible and anyone who says anything of violence is clearly not a Christian so she has you there I'm afraid. :anxious:
Narnia55
Just visiting

Post by Narnia55 »

Well, I reminded her of how Jael hammered a tent peg into Sisera's head, and thought that was pretty graphic, but she still would not listen to my pleas, and I don't really know how else to describe Dekker in a way that she would understand. :-k
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I'm going to be reading Adam soon, my library just got it in.. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Narnia55 wrote:Well, I reminded her of how Jael hammered a tent peg into Sisera's head, and thought that was pretty graphic, but she still would not listen to my pleas, and I don't really know how else to describe Dekker in a way that she would understand. :-k
His earlier books (which in my opinion are his best) have very little killing in them. :)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.