Ted Dekker

Are YOU part of The Circle?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Wait.. Which book is Sterling Red in? :-k The name sounds familiar, but I can't remember. :-s
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Either Saint or Skin, considering those are the only books I haven't read yet. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I suppose I'm being biased, but I can't bring myself to say anything against Ted Dekker. :anxious:

I personally really like his writing style, old and new. I have yet to read 2 books in the Martyrs Song series and... Skin, methinks. I really enjoy Dekker, not only because he keeps me guessing, but because of his unique style. And... some of the things he writes are just ... "Dude, so been there." Maybe it's an MK thing ... :anxious:
don't forget the rain.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Lucy wrote:I suppose I'm being biased, but I can't bring myself to say anything against Ted Dekker. :anxious:

I personally really like his writing style, old and new. I have yet to read 2 books in the Martyrs Song series and... Skin, methinks. I really enjoy Dekker, not only because he keeps me guessing, but because of his unique style. And... some of the things he writes are just ... "Dude, so been there." Maybe it's an MK thing ... :anxious:
;) or a TCK thing.
I really like DekKer because he's got a unique style. Not quite informal, not quite formal. Just ... amusing and detached and DekKeresque.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Gandalf the Grey wrote:I was around there in the earlier days, but the place become practically a Ted Dekker worshipping cult... it was just crazy... so I left. :noway:
That strikes me as a funny irony somehow...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Which hooligan bumped this incredibly awesome thread??
Are you going to be mad at whoever did it? because if so, it was TOP, if you will be happy, it was me. :-

Top-why don't you like the movei thr3e?
Do you believe in the couch?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

silmoraka heskil wrote: Top-why don't you like the movei thr3e?
It was horribly written, directed, acted, and produced? O:)

It wasn't even good for a Christian film, and really, the point of a Christian film shouldn't be to be good for a Christian film, anyway... it should be to be a good film. The handful of unsaved people I know who actually bothered to see Thr3e thought it was just horribly, laughably bad. It tried to be a horror movie and it just stank. :noway:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Thr3e isn't a horror story... but House is. And that movie looks like it could do pretty well. Hopefully. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, horror in the same way as Se7en or the Saw series... maybe more suspence than horror.

I'm sure I'll get around to seeing House but after Thr3e its not something I really am looking forward to. :(
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Either Saint or Skin, considering those are the only books I haven't read yet. :(
Ok, I think it's Skin. I think Barsidious(how do you spell his name? 0_o) White is in Saint.
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Hey guys, check out the animated webisode of the first 32 pages of Black on hearitfirst.com! \:D/

http://www.teddekker.com/scripts/viewem ... w5Mjc3LDA=

..and an interview with Ted Dekker! :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah they sent me an email about it but my computer is... unique and doesn't want to let me see it! \:D/
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

I luv Ted Dekkers Stuff,so far I've read:Black,Red,White,Thr3e,Showdown,and at the moment Saint.
Thr3e was my favorite,Slater is like the coolest ever.Which makes me sad because my mom won't let me see it ,my Brother had it in his room and he had seen it before,I'm sad *Crying Crying Crying* And so is very much do not think that she will let me watch House when it comes out.I need the help of Ted Dekker people to tell me what happends in the movie,plz plz plz
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

eugenefanforever wrote:Slater is like the coolest ever.
I thought he was the bad guy.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Hes's a cool bad guy.
His name is on my wall.he he he :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Someone who has no life needs to write a Thr3e style novel about Dr. Watson, Jessicado, and I and whoever else is all in the same mind... :anxious:
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

Donner wrote:Someone who has no life needs to write a Thr3e style novel about Dr. Watson, Jessicado, and I and whoever else is all in the same mind... :anxious:
How about you? O:)
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

I'm writing one that had Slater,and Black come back.All thoughs who have read Showdown and Thr3e know who thoughs people are.And how they really coudn't come backl..............
is this a good idea??????
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

underdogfan710 wrote:
Donner wrote:Someone who has no life needs to write a Thr3e style novel about Dr. Watson, Jessicado, and I and whoever else is all in the same mind... :anxious:
How about you? O:)
I'll just quit my three jobs and get divorced and I should clear up plenty of spare time! \:D/
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

sounds like it.