Tape Albums vs. CD Albums

What do you own?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

What version of AIO albums do you typically buy?

The Tape Collections
21%
The CD Collections
74%
Do Not Buy
6%

Total votes: 34

Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

I like CD sets best.But I do have alot of tapes from when I first started collecting odyssey.Some of my old tapes where shows I tape off the radio.
Im glad the gold albums are coming out.I can get some of the first sets I mist.
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

I don't like tapes. I prefer CDs over them. Tapes have poor sound quality and I never liked it, so CDs are much more enjoyable.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i've switched to cd's and now i really wish i could get my tapes on to cd's. What really made me mad was when after i started buying CD's i would accidentlly order tapes from CBD cause they have a list of tapes, then a list of CD's and i would accidently give them the tape number cause it was the first colom.

now i have countermoves on tape, and the ones surrounding on CD.

good venting seesion...sorry for rambling :D
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

I have posted on several other threads about how much I HATE cds because cds seem to HATE me....so I have 41 albums on tape, and 1 on Cd, which of course, was not my choice. It was a gift...and I cant listen to it becuase it is all scratched up.

I love tapes, I just dont know how I am gonna fit all 41 of my albums in my dorm room next yr....oh the dilemna
~Nikki~

My favorite bible verse:
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." Matthew 5:29
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

frogalwyz wrote:I love tapes, I just dont know how I am gonna fit all 41 of my albums in my dorm room next yr....oh the dilemna
Believe me, it's doable. I probably won't bring as much up next year, as I have a good amount on my computer now.

-Jonathan
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

CD's cause then i can back them up on my computer
popcornqu33n
Gold Member
Location: Outside drinking a cool glass of pepermint lemonade

Post by popcornqu33n »

I get CDS
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I usually get CDs. I certainly like them a lot better than the tapes.
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

most of my old sets are tape albums.the last 3 years they have been all CD.I still have some tapes I used to tape odyssey off the radio.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

now i've already stated that i like cd's better, cause tapes are annoying to Fast Forward and Rewind. But i must say i'm kinda annoyed because some of my CD's have gotten ruined, from scrathes and stuff, and i'll be listening to them and they just start skipping and stuff, and many times it's right near the end of the episode :?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

dancer02248 wrote:now i've already stated that i like cd's better, cause tapes are annoying to Fast Forward and Rewind. But i must say i'm kinda annoyed because some of my CD's have gotten ruined, from scrathes and stuff, and i'll be listening to them and they just start skipping and stuff, and many times it's right near the end of the episode :?
The nice thing about tapes is that it's easier to stop in the middle and not lose your spot. :-k
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I like the CDs but I also like being able to stop in the middle of an episode!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz