Katrina Shanks Meltsner

Katrina's family

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Fan Of AIO
Not as new

Katrina Shanks Meltsner

Post by Fan Of AIO »

I was listening to the episode, A Book By Its Cover, the other day, where Katrina is writing home to her parents. While she is talking with her new student, Katrina mentions that she has brothers. I find it interesting that we have never heard from these brothers in any of the episodes featuring Katrina. I find it really strange that they were not at the recent wedding. (hummmm) Was this a forgotten fact by the writers, or do they choose to leave Katrina's brothers lost in the shadows of Odyssey? Wondering if anyone else has noticed this oddity?
Godsballerina
Gold Member

Post by Godsballerina »

Yeah, I heard that episode and thought the same thing! I am not sure what they did! :-s
Oh the Cleverness of me!!~Peter Pan

I love Ballet!!!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Actually, I wondered the same thing a while ago and asked Shadowpaw through his "Talk to the Paw" feature on the AIOSF. His answer can be found here - he's so clever. :D

EDIT: Direct linking doesn't seem to be working - click on the Paw icon on the top left corner and then go to question #9.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

We had a similar situation with Jack; we were basically told he has grandkids, but haven't even heard from his supposed kids.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've wondered about it and I wouldn't be surprised to hear mention of the brothers someday. They were noticeably absent when Katrina's father died and when she got married but maybe it was just too many people for the writers to handle so they chose to ignore them.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

In "Wrapped Around Your Finger," Katrina calls her and her parents visiting Odyssey "a family Valentine's Day get-together." This seems to imply that AIO simply forgot about the younger brothers...maybe.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

it's funny, because i just listened to a book by it's cover myself. i was wondering the same thing you all were. i guess aio really did forget about her brothers. how sad. all we know is that katrina thinks they're cute. :D

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp