dfj

die for jesus

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

dfj

Post by Mr.Whit »

as some of you kniw i wish to be a missionary when i grow up and i will die for jesus if it comes to that how about you?
would you die for jesus?
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Yes.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Yeah, definitely.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I want to be able to die for Jesus, and if you asked me I would say "yes i would" but truthfully i can't answer that question because i've never been placed in a situation that tested me and proved whether i would die for him or not. i believe that if a situation did come, God would give me supernatural power and courage to stand up for wha'ts right even if it means death. i know that his power would be stronger than my fear.
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

poWerbOy wrote:I want to be able to die for Jesus, and if you asked me I would say "yes i would" but truthfully i can't answer that question because i've never been placed in a situation that tested me and proved whether i would die for him or not. i believe that if a situation did come, God would give me supernatural power and courage to stand up for wha'ts right even if it means death. i know that his power would be stronger than my fear.
Yes, most definetly. Ditto on what poWerbOy said! \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

poWerbOy wrote:I want to be able to die for Jesus, and if you asked me I would say "yes i would" but truthfully i can't answer that question because i've never been placed in a situation that tested me and proved whether i would die for him or not. i believe that if a situation did come, God would give me supernatural power and courage to stand up for wha'ts right even if it means death. i know that his power would be stronger than my fear.
Thank you for posting what I was thinking but couldn't word right.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Jonathan wrote:
That is why I just said, "Yes."

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

im am glzad that all of us have the same amount of devotian to christ :pray:
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Amen, Jesus will empower us should we face that situation; I know I would never be able to die for Him without His strength. Many will never encounter that situation, but each day each one of us has the choice whether or not to live for Christ.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Jonathan wrote:
your welcome. i've thought about it alot.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I would if it came to that. Though I'd be more likely to attempt to fight my way out of the situation and get gunned down in a blaze of glory or something...
Neosha
OK

Post by Neosha »

yes i would he died for me so why should i not. He is are lord and savior
Peace
love
and Happness
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Neosha wrote:yes i would he died for me so why should i not. He is are lord and savior
thats a great point neosha
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I definitely would... I'd prefer dying that way...
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Jonathan wrote:
Exactly....
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Yes. "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21
Love is stronger than death.
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Follower of Christ »

I would die for Jesus is it ever came time for me to do that.
After all Jesus died for us and he was perfect. I'm not perfect, but when I die I'll be in a perfect place.
Have you ever heard the story of Jim Elliot? in Brief:
He died while being a missionary to the Alka Indians in Ecuador.
All the Alka's knew was war so when he and the other missionaries came they were scared and killed them.
Nobody had ever tried to be a missionary to the Alka's before because of that reason, but Jim Elliot and the other missionaries with him gave their lives willing trying to tell these people about Jesus.
Some years later the missionaries wives went back to the Alka's and the whole village listened to what they had to say. The whole village became Christians.

Now, that is a testimony. They were willing to give their lives and they didn't know that the whole village would believe, they did it anyway.

That is what I want to be like. I know that when I die I'm going to heaven and so many other people won't so if I die in order to help some one become a Christian.
I wioll definately do it.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I would. But as some has said, I wold have to be in a situation like that.

Not to be rude or anything, but I do know someone who has been put in that situation, and chose the answer yes. Not that he had too much choice in it, becuase you really can't decide what you want your body to do, but in a way, you could say he did say yes.

BJ.

I know now many of you know who he is, what he did, or why, but he did say yes. (His parents wrote a book and titled it "I Would Die For You".)

As some have also said, Jesus Christ died for us. Why shouldn't we, why can't we, if it comes to that, that we should answer "Yes" to dieing for him. He died on a cross for us. We have got nothing, can practically do nothing to repay and give to him what he did for us. We can give an offering, but it is not enough. We can thank him and be humble by giving our lives and doing what he wants for us to do. Knowing him and knowing he died for us is one of those things that is... I don't know, wow? I can't think of a word, not a big enough word, strong enough, powerful enough, graceful enough to describe it.

Thanks be to God for what he has done for us. As for my answer, Yes, I would.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

poWerbOy wrote:I want to be able to die for Jesus, and if you asked me I would say "yes I would" but truthfully I can't answer that question because I've never been placed in a situation that tested me and proved whether I would die for him or not. I believe that if a situation did come, God would give me supernatural power and courage to stand up for what's right even if it means death. I know that his power would be stronger than my fear.
Since I'm planning on being a missionary to China, the possibility of me facing this kind of situation one day is very real. I'd like to echo what poWerbOy said in regards to being able to truthfully answer that question.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

And He died for all that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again.
-2 Corinthians 5:15

That is my life verse and the way I paraphrase it is "He died for you, Why not live for him?"

So I would rather LIVE my life for him, but if I did die I would rather die serving him as well.