what instruments are used in your church

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

what instruments are used in your church

Post by mr. mellow »

in my church we usssaly have at least one guitar, bass, paino, and drum kit. somtimes we dont have a bass player though.
what about your church?
Image [img]
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Technically, I have two churches. The one at my college uses a pipe organ, and that's about it. I played my Euphonium for one of the services last year, and there's another guy who every few weeks will play piano or guitar during communiun.

My church in my hometown uses everything. We have an amazing 3500 pipe organ, and have an orchestra that plays on certain Sunday's over the year. We've had everything from bagpipes to recorders to everything.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Jonathan wrote:Technically, I have two churches. The one at my college uses a pipe organ, and that's about it. I played my Euphonium for one of the services last year, and there's another guy who every few weeks will play piano or guitar during communiun.

My church in my hometown uses everything. We have an amazing 3500 pipe organ, and have an orchestra that plays on certain Sunday's over the year. We've had everything from bagpipes to recorders to everything.
bagpipes? :inlove: *makes plans to go visit Jonathan's home church*

we use a piano, keyboard, drums, accoustic and base guitars, flute, every now and then trumpets or violin..
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Piano, Keyboard, Accoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Drums. Occasionally add Percussion and Saxaphone.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

The highschool group bands range anywhere from an electric guitar, keys, bass, and drums, to two electrics, an acoustic, keys, bass, and drums. "Big church" as we like to call it usually has one acoustic guitar, two electrics, a piano, a keyboard, a bass, a drumset, and a big percussion set, too. It's pretty darn awesome.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Me wrote:Piano, Keyboard, Accoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Drums. Occasionally add Percussion and Saxaphone.
Ditto :)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

We have a piano. That's it. Sometimes someone will play a guitar, but that doesn't happen too often... My pastor is rather, um, shall we say, set in his ways?
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

uhh we use our voices... :anxious: no really! :- we sing pretty much the whole time.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Piano, and once in a long while a flute or guitar will play for a song. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

piano, flute, oboe, guitar, organ, violin i think that's it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hope wrote:piano, flute, oboe, guitar, organ, violin i think that's it.
Heh, Hope, look at my post a few posts above this one.
Zeba
Still standing tall

Post by Zeba »

Acoustic guitar (which my dad plays), bass, electric guitar, keyboard, and drums. We used to have a violinist, but he left the church.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:The highschool group bands range anywhere from an electric guitar, keys, bass, and drums, to two electrics, an acoustic, keys, bass, and drums. "Big church" as we like to call it usually has one acoustic guitar, two electrics, a piano, a keyboard, a bass, a drumset, and a big percussion set, too. It's pretty darn awesome.

Mandy
thats sounds awsome! it must be hard being the worship leader for that church
Image [img]
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

mr. mellow wrote:thats sounds awsome! it must be hard being the worship leader for that church
What do you mean?

Mandy
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:
mr. mellow wrote:thats sounds awsome! it must be hard being the worship leader for that church
What do you mean?

Mandy
I mean like it would be hard cause its such a big responsibility making sure all those interments are doing there parts right and not over powering each othere.
Image [img]
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Haha. Well, actually, the overpowering each other part isn't the worship leader's job: it's the sound guy's. When it comes to making sure everybody's doing our job, the people in charge of worship at our church are very, very cautious when choosing members for the bands. They make sure they're at the very least decent at their instrument and are annointed for worship.

In reality, it's really not that hard, actually. I led one of the highschool bands a few weeks ago (the biggest one). Everybody does their job. Everybody knows their instrument. Everybody follows the leader--the physical leader as well as God. It works. It may sound hard, but it's more of a joy than a difficulty.

Mandy
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

We use a grand piano, a keyboard, another keyboard that we use as an organ, a complete drum set, a bass guitar, an electric guitar, an acoustic guitar, and all of the beautiful voices in our church that lift praise to the Lord, God Almighty.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:Haha. Well, actually, the overpowering each other part isn't the worship leader's job: it's the sound guy's.
And that's the real hard part; I've been on both ends of that fun job, and would much rather be reading or directing music.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

My church sings A Cappella. No instruments.
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

An Organ, electric drums, Keyboard, Saxaphone...