Command & Conquer series

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

Which is your favorite timeline of the series?

Original (Nod, GDI, Tiberium)
5%
Red Alert (Allies, Soviets, Yuri)
32%
Generals (USA, China, GLA)
26%
I love them all exactly the same.
5%
They all utterly disgust me!
5%
Never heard of the bums!
26%

Total votes: 19

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Command & Conquer series

Post by The Top Crusader »

Anyone like these games? My computer can't handle C&C Generals, so I've never really played it. I play Red Alert 2 frequently, though. I think I prefer the Red Alert series over the "Tiberium" or whatever set of games. They are supposedly finally making a Red Alert 3... which should be awesome if it's built off the Generals engine.

But anyway... is it just me, or at the beginning of the Red Alert march theme, does it sound like that guy is shouting: "Where's my pants?! EXCITE!!" ? I've read that he was really just randomly yelling, but that's what it sounds like to me.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I've actually always preferred the "Tiberium" type games. The first game in the series (named simply "Command and Conquer") consisted of only GDI and the Brotherhood of NOD in a war for control of earth and tiberium. I always thought it had better graphics than the Red Alert series, which seemed strange... "Command and Conquor" did come out before "Red Alert", correct? Anyway, I love the series, and two years ago Christmas got "The Command and Conquor Collection" with most every game made for the series, but have yet to find time to play through the games. I liked the original C&C better than "Tiberium Sun".

Say, has anybody played Renegade? While certainly not the best FPS out there, it does beautifully capture the feeling of being a soldier in the C&C universe.
Not dead yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I liked the original C&C better than Tiberium Sun. As for Renegade... that's actually the only FPS I've ever played through. Ordinarily I hate FPSs, but found that one quite enjoyable.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Generals was my favorite, but it kind of has to be, as it was the only one I have spent quality time with. It was great. There have been rumors of a Red Alert 3, which may use a new GFX engine.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

My older brother probably has every command and conquer game. I like Renagade and Red Alert the very best. What bugs me is the obvious catering to male hormones with a ripped and tank-top decked Agent Tanya to the scene at the end of the campian where you get to go on a date with one of the two women in the game. Hey! There should be a female option! I should get to date General Carver!

*jokes*
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

liked generals
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Don't have any of them.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Woohoo! \:D/ It came in the mail today! I only had a chance to play the first two missions, but it is quite aromatic!
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

RA2 an YR are the best, I have also Renegade, which is basically zoomed in on RA1
Yuri is the best, I'm never actaully played generals though so I dunno, I sometimes play Yuri against some other people on the forums if you ever want to play online game, let me know, I can be reached via IM and requested to play, maybe sometime we can setup a big game with all-AIO fans.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I am bumping this thread because I just started the Allied Campaign in Red Alert again. I love the option where you get to occupy houses and businesses and such around a city. Extra fortification and such.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I am playing through this game for like the 4th time right now! \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I have Red Alert I and II and Generals...Generals is pretty much my fave... :P
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I've played all of them. I personally like Red Alert and Generals the best.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

I play genrals sometimes. But I get whooped by a pro. Never LAN with somebody who can play.
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I couldn't help but jumping when I noticed this outstanding collection. All the games on one DVD. Woot for mass collections.
Not dead yet.
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

I would so buy it, but only if I had a computer that would run it. =;

-Hawk
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!