Professor Snape

****SPOILERS FOR BOOK 6****

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Who says Regulas is dead, though
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

well that was said earlier in one of the books.... i think.
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Go here & Here...

-Robo
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Robo wrote:Go here & Here...

-Robo
If I remember right I found thyose to be boring.

Lord Sesshoumaru
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

Yeha they were a little boring.
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Erm...I've been reading this thread, and just to get this out...y'all remember in the 5th book when they were cleaning out Sirus Black's house and they found that old locket-thing in a drawer? (I may be wrong on this...) And then they just threw it away...I think that R.A.B. stands for Regalis Black. :-
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

It does and I also believe he's not dead.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

i thought that voldemort had killed him though because he had joined voldemort but when he saw the kind of things voldemort did he wanted out. i thought that was in one of the books but i can't check because i only own the sixth one.
Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

We heard from Sirius that Regulas is dead. So far in the series unless we actually see someone die they end up being alive.
Examples:
Pettigrew was said to be dead after all they found of him was a finger (Fudge PoA). We later found out he was actually Scabbers.
Barty Crouch, Jr. was said to be dead. Sirius said he saw him carried out dead out of Azkaban himself. (GoF) We all know that Barty Crouch, Jr. was fake Moody.
So it's not out of the realm of possibility that Regulas Black is alive...Considering HBP is a book where the draught of the living dead was mentioned.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

hmmm... you know what that could work. i like this theory more than all others i have heard. i guess we will find out when book 7 comes out, which won't be till 2007. she seems to release them too slowly.
Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

dawningoftime wrote:Considering HBP is a book where the draught of the living dead was mentioned.
What exactly was this draught? Is there any possibitly that it was what Dumbledore drank in the cave?
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

That was the potion they had to make in the first potions class of the year for which Harry won his bottle of Felix Felicis. It was also mentioned in the Philospher's stone in the chapter, "The Potions's Master". Snape describes it as "a sleeping potions so powerful it's known as the draught of the Living Dead".(103 UK)
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

dawningoftime wrote:That was the potion they had to make in the first potions class of the year for which Harry won his bottle of Felix Felicis. It was also mentioned in the Philospher's stone in the chapter, "The Potions's Master". Snape describes it as "a sleeping potions so powerful it's known as the draught of the Living Dead".(103 UK)
so do you think that has something to do with Regalis Black? Do you think he will come into the story from that or something? What was your purpose in mentioning the draught?
Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I think that Regulas has had the draught because it was important to make it look as though he were dead to those who would want to kill him for real.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

it seems there could be other ways to do it but you think it is this draught? just because they mention it? hmm, i'll have to think about that and see if i can get my hands on book five.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Yeah, but most everything Snape metioned in that speech of his in PS has been used as an important part of the plot. Wolfsbane was used in POA because that's the potion Lupin took to curve the effects of his werewolf problem. A Bezor was used in HBP not only as Harry's solution to his antidote class room assignment, but it helped cure Ron when he drank the poisioned mead. Dumbledore told Draco (in the US edition anyways) there were ways making people appear dead without them actually being dead. I have to think the draught plays more of a role then just having it as a classroom assignment.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

hmmm that is possible. i will look into it.
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Well then who's to say that Dumbledore isn't dead? Maybe he drank the potion too...
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Because Dumbledore was clearly AKed right in front of us.
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

um... because we see dumbledore die. i mean he fell off the astronomy tower. i definetly think he is dead. although i am leaning towards DOT's idea of Reagalis Black still being alive. it seems to fit.
Pray for Sri Lanka.