Left Behind

Any left behind fans out there?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The books are a lot better than the movies. About the only book that I did not like was the Remnant, I thought it was boring.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jeremy Cartwood wrote:I'd say the books are better than the movie, way more exciting.

Not that the movies aren't exciting! But the books, going back to what the others said, "draw you in" more.
I'd agree. I never got past the first five minutes of the first movie, b/c 1. It didn't draw me in and 2. I kept commenting on the differences present between the book and movie, and since those I was watching with hadn't read the book and wanted to watch the movie without a play-by-play, I was kicked out of the room.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Jonathan wrote:
Jeremy Cartwood wrote:I'd say the books are better than the movie, way more exciting.

Not that the movies aren't exciting! But the books, going back to what the others said, "draw you in" more.
I'd agree. I never got past the first five minutes of the first movie, b/c 1. It didn't draw me in and 2. I kept commenting on the differences present between the book and movie, and since those I was watching with hadn't read the book and wanted to watch the movie without a play-by-play, I was kicked out of the room.
thats funny cause thats what happened to me
Neosha
OK

Post by Neosha »

i love left behind i been readding the books i just started really. i love them. there so intresting and they keep you reading
Peace
love
and Happness
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

i read most of them but cant read em now too frightning
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

why is it too frightening?
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I've seen the newest movie....it's REALLY good! *although it ends on the bit of a cliffhanger.....* ;)
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I get creeped out by them. Particularly when Nicolae is praying to Satan...that's just freaky. Kind of makes me grateful Frank Peretti turned down the offer to write them
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

he did?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Wow!! I did not know that Frank Peretti had been offered that job!! That would have been quite a series if he'd written them. :thud:
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i dont think i would like them as much if he had done them
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

MDB17 wrote:i dont think i would like them as much if he had done them
Me either.:anxious: They might have been a little too scary for me if he had taken them on.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

yea and i think he would have made the too suspenceful and i like the way they are more of just a story
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

MDB17 wrote:yea and i think he would have made the too suspenceful and i like the way they are more of just a story
I agree.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

In my mind Frank Peretti is the Christian equivalant of a horror writer. Which is why I wouldn't have read the LB books if he had written
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

man i love his books but i dont think i could take twevle of them in a row
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

dawningoftime wrote:In my mind Frank Peretti is the Christian equivalant of a horror writer.
This is very true. And I could see myself enjoying them just as much (if not more) if he wrote them.

I'm willing to bet he turned them down b/c of the time. From what I've gathered, he doesn't like to be on a schedule, or write fast (which is why we normally have to wait 5 years in between releases for his adult novels).