what's the worst movie you've ever watched?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

jollyholiday wrote:Spaceballs.
spaceballs was hilarious if you take out all the crude humor. probably the worst movie i have ever seen was secret of nihm 2. in fact they should have just stuck with the books and not made movies.
map wrote:I've never been a big Jim Carrey fan, except for in Liar, Liar.

That wasn't too bad of a movie
jim carrey is an ingenious actor. he has a style of acting all his own. there are so many good movies of his like: truman show, liar liar, ace venture(hilarious), mask was pretty good. but i have not seen the one that was mentioned so i can't discuss it.

Edit - please try to avoid double posts. Thanks! - Catspaw
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

The Green Mile, OH! I'll never forget that movie! :pray: It's based on this guy that has these... "Powers" and these two girls get killed and he's trying to bring them back to life, and they find him over them, so they think he did it, then they send him to the Electric Chair, and they show all these exacutions, and all this stuff that makes you want to throw up. I decided to go upstairs and watch the Miami Dolphins play sombody... #-o
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Despite my dislike of Stephen King, I wound up getting into that movie.

-Jonathan
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Are you kidding?? I loved Green Mile. Tom Hanks hasn't been bad in a movie yet!!!

Oh he's put out some overall bad movies: Terminal, Cast Away etc...
but he's never been bad in them and he makes them worth watching over again.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

"The Fury Within." It's a horrible made-for-TV horror movie back from 1998 that I just happened to catch on TV a month ago. Here's the story, just so everyone can see how lame this is...

Warning: If you don't like horror movies, you might not want to read any further...although this movie is really mild compared to others. :-)

I didn't see the first part...but apparently, there's this wild dog who manages to kill some guy. And then after that, we see this family that lives nearby. The dad is getting divorced with the mom because he likes some other woman...so he's not exactly living at home. Then, they have two kids - a 10-year-old boy and a younger girl...and strange things start happening.

First, the boy, Jimmy, goes to a farmer guy's house for a day (I didn't see this part) and apples fall from a tree. Then the boy gets blamed for it, and his mom makes him apologize to the farmer.

But then...one night, the mom wakes up and hears a strange noise somewhere in the house. So she goes downstairs to see what it is, but she doesn't see a thing. Then it goes away suddenly. After that, she decides to warm up some tea for herself, and then it starts again! This time, she decides to go to the window. Suddenly, a dog like the wild one comes right up to the window and starts barking like crazy. Obviously, the dog is out to get her, but of course, he can't because of the glass window. Then she realizes that he could tear down the back door. So she finds a rifle and sits by the door waiting for the dog to tear it down. Scratch marks begin to appear, but nothing happens. It turns out that the mom falls asleep with the gun in her hand!

The next morning, a friend drops by the house and sees the mom asleep with the gun, wondering what was going on. When the mom tells her the story, the other woman shows her a newspaper article and claims that the dog was killed by the police, which leads them to wonder: did the police kill the wrong dog and the real one was actually alive?

Meanwhile, the effects of the divorce are taking its toll on Jimmy, causing him to be really moody. One day at school, he goes to the library to find some books. From above him, a book suddenly falls to the ground. When he tries to pick it up, another one with a picture of a dog hits his head. He tries to pick it up, but the dog's face somehow comes to life and growls at him! Suddenly, chaos ensues and books start flying off the shelves. (Ironically, most of them are about cats.)

The librarian comes around when the book-flying stops and immediately thinks Jimmy caused the mess, but Jimmy claims he's innocent. That night, graffiti mysteriously appears on a wall of the school building, which says "Books Fly Miss Tish Sucks", or something. The next morning, the principal finds it and suspends Jimmy.

At this point, his parents find out about all of this and aren't too happy, and his dad decides to have Jimmy stay at his place for a night with his girlfriend's son, Todd. While they're there, a basketball in Todd's room begins bouncing like crazy around the room, hitting objects and causing lamps to explode, doors to lock, etc. The boys hide under the bed and watch everything. There's one part where the ball hits a toy robot, which causes it to say "Come out with your hands up! Come out with your hands up!" I found that kind of funny. Eventually, the noise wakes up Jimmy's dad and Todd's mom, and both come to Todd's room. At this point, the basketball bouncing has stopped and, once again, the blame is squarely placed on Jimmy.

So Jimmy's dad decides to have Jimmy visit a psychologist, who naturally thinks that Jimmy is mad because of the divorce. Anyway, Jimmy is pretty bummed out about everything, especially since he wasn't really responsible for any of the strange events. One night, he hears the strange noise his mom heard and wakes her up. His mom goes downstairs to check it out while Jimmy and his sister follow close behind. There's a bright blue glow in the kitchen for some unknown reason, so the mom is attracted there. At first, everything seems okay...but then, the coffee maker starts going by itself, the toaster overheats and toast bounces inside, dishes start to fly out of cabinets while the mom tries to keep them shut inside, and a drawer opens up and two knives come out, floating in the air, pointed at the mom and then at the kids. Suddenly, the knives lunge forward at the mom, but she manages to dodge them and they hit a wall instead. But then, the refrigerator starts moving by itself and crushes the mom against a wall (which we don't see). She gets knocked unconscious and is taken to the hospital.

*suspenseful music plays*

Fortunately, she's okay. :-)

At this point, she tells her husband about the whole incident, and he recommends having everyone see some sort of quantum physics/paranormal type professor/doctor guy from some university. The mom is hesitant about having Jimmy see him, but they figure it might help. The professor believes that the son somehow has a region in his brain that contains anger which stimulates all these weird events (or something like that, it sounded pretty lame ;-)).

So one night, the professor and the dad come to the mom's house to see what will happen during the night. This time, a rumbling sound is heard and little rocks begin to fall through the ceiling all over the room they're in. That's right: rocks are falling *through* the ceiling!! So they take cover in another room and the madness stops. Strangely enough, all of the rocks that fell through the ceiling didn't break a thing in that room.

Now the situation seems to be getting more serious. The dad tells his girlfriend that he needs to stay at the mom's house for a while until the craziness ends. Also, the date when the divorce papers would be signed is fast approaching. Anyway, the mom and Jimmy go to the professor guy to have a test with his brain. After he's done, the professor checks out the results and everything is actually normal. At this point, the professor begins to wonder if Jimmy is really the cause of all the strange events. He asks the mom if anything weird had happened before all this stuff had occurred, but she couldn't think of a thing. Then he asks the dad the strange question, and he claims that something actually did happen when they first got married - a cushion disappeared and reappeared in their house a few times. Strangely enough, this behavior stopped when the mom became pregnant with Jimmy. So now, the only explanation is this: the mom is the one responsible for everything, albeit inadvertently. And her presence at Jimmy's mind test somehow caused his brain to function normally.

So...one day, the whole family goes to see the psychologist, who thinks everything is really weird. One night after a meeting with the professor, the dad and Jimmy decide to go out for burgers. The professor sees their car outside his office and decides to follow them and call the mom to tell her the news about how she could be causing everything without her knowledge. While the professor is driving on the road, strange things begin to happen after he hangs up the phone. The speedometer starts malfunctioning, lights flash, and the windows and mirrors get fogged up. The professor wipes one of the mirrors and then sees a strange ferocious face briefly. Then, the same face appears in the front window, and it actually looks like a more menacing version of the wild dog from earlier! Suddenly, the professor loses control of the car and crashes. He is taken to the hospital.

The mom comes to visit him, and he tells her what he believes to be the cause of everything: the "phantom dog." (whatever that means :-)) He claims that there's a region in her brain where all her anger over the divorce is being held in, and it manages to cause all the strange things to happen. The only way for it to stop, according to the professor, is to "deactivate" that part of the brain. But unfortunately, it can't be separated from the rest of the brain.

This night, the power goes off in the house. The mom checks it out and nothing else really happens - so she assumes it's a blackout. Meanwhile, at the hospital, the power goes out as well! Chaos ensues and nurses run around trying to fix everything before something happens to the patients. The professor, who's lying on a bed, begins to notice the trouble. Lights begin to flash in his room and he hops out of bed yelling for a nurse. Suddenly, he sees the dog outside the window, who looks like a monster now. (To be honest, it looked *really* cheesy, like it was made with Photoshop. ;-)) The "dog" somehow comes into the room, and the professor searches for a way out, crashing himself into a glass window. Unfortunately, a piece of glass cuts his throat and he dies.

Now things are really serious, and it's only hours before the meeting where the divorce papers are signed. That day, though, the dad's girlfriend is visited by the "dog" at the plant where she works. She runs from it and finds herself in a room with a giant fan. Unfortunately, her high heeled shoes cause her to slip and fall into the fan, where she dies (which we don't see). Then, a letter mysteriously comes right out of the printer in her office, suggesting that she decided to commit suicide.

With all the deaths, the dad knows it's only a matter of time before him, the kids, or the mom could die. That night, he makes a desperate phone call in his car to the mom's house, saying for the kids to run from the house and go to his place as fast as they could without telling their mom. Unfortunately, Jimmy doesn't quite hear the instructions and the line somehow goes dead. The mom goes outside to take out the trash, and then the dad pulls into the driveway. He's really desperate and tells the mom to get the kids out of the house as fast as she can before something happens. At that moment, something does happen. Lightning appears from the sky and strikes the house, the roof begins to cave in, everything inside the house starts to break, and the kids are trapped in one of the rooms! The dad goes in to rescue them, but a bunch of objects hit a wall, creating a barrier between him and the kids. Meanwhile, the mom is standing outside, and sees the "dog," who is now a huge, towering monster. She yells "It can't be! Don't do anything to my kids! Take me instead! Take me!!" Suddenly, a lightning bolt strikes her head and she gets knocked unconscious. It's safe to say that the weird region in her brain has been "deactivated." Everything is fine now. The film's closing scene shows the dad at Jimmy's baseball game rebuilding his lost relationship with his kids and wife, who is now confined to a wheelchair. It's a bittersweet ending, but we are assured that a loving family is back together again. :-)

Anyway, that's the worst movie I've ever seen...

nn
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I saw the words "Made for TV" and "Horror," agreed with you, and just skipped the rest :D
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
strife286
Tallying up

Post by strife286 »

Gerry, so bad that I didn't wish to finish.

Some reviews it had:

"Pure punishment."
-- Victoria Alexander, FILMSINREVIEW.COM

"Inscrutable and irritating."
-- Ken Fox, TV GUIDE'S MOVIE GUIDE

"Now we know what happens when director Gus Van Sant gets bored. He makes us bored."
-- Bill Muller, ARIZONA REPUBLIC

(my favorite review)

"Zzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Ulph. Umph. Ach. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz."
-- Stephen Hunter, WASHINGTON POST

I've seen some bad movies, but that one was terrible. When it first started out, the two guys were driving down a desolate road. A few minutes passed.... then they kept driving. So I was like "Alright, well...I suppose they're going somewhere important." More driving. >>FastFoward>>
Wow! That car stopped. Okay so they get out, and...start running. Then as they stop running they look around and after 4 minutes of running they get lost in the desert, those are some smart kids I tell you. The rest of the movie (from what I watched) they just walk around and call eachother's names every so often, and when they actually talk, it's stupid. Well it is the most boring movie ever, more so than educational films in school.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

STRYPER wrote:Simple...

Copper Mountain.

It was Jim Carrey's first ever film and it was only $6 in a Wal-Mart bin so I decided to try it.

ugh :sick:

Believe me, you don't want to see it. Bad acting (even Carrey) no plot, no comedy, no... well... anything to be honest. :shame: :shame:
Interesting...
Is it just me, or does Jim Carrey get stuck with bad directors frequently? Don't get me wrong, I am a Carrey fan. I think that generally speaking, he is an excellent and ingenious actor. Titles like Dumb and Dumber, The Truman Show, Batman: Forever, Ace Ventura and Bruce Almighty show the surprising range to the characters he can play. I find it interesting though, how with his obvious gifts he can manage to act well in such a variety of films and still have them be terrible. I would add The Cable Guy to the list of worst movies ever. Carrey actually did a great job with his character, but in my opinion the movie's premise and material just got sickening and too wierd to be entertaining after the first 20 minutes.

I recommend against The Cable Guy for being both immoral and poor entertainment.
Not dead yet.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

The Garden State Uhg that was terible! the cussing and the sex and the stealing from dead bodies good greif I was glad it was over. Yah Zach Braft or whatever his name is...sort of cute but boy was that a terrible movie. Don't get me started on Portman....ok at first she was ok but then I wanted to smack her! good golly that was a terible waste of perfectly good film that could have been used to make a GOOD movie!
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I agree completely with you Dave on the Cable Guy. I was thoroughly disgusted and appalled at that movie :sick:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

2001: A Space Odyssey & Top Cat and the Beverly Hills cats

Both were very lame movies. I love the Top Cat show but not the movie!

-Robo
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Another bado one: Much Ado About Nothing. It was so horrible it was almost funny.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless