Indiana Jones

What is your favorite Movie?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Indiana Jones

Post by Bmuntz »

Indiana Jones are some of the best movies. There exciting action packed and have great scripts. My favorite is Raiders of the lost ark. But I really like all of them. Harrison Ford does a great job in the role and everything was great. I really love the end. I want ruin it for any people who haven't seen it. I want to by them all on DVD but I don’t think I am going to at least not in the near future. Also Veggie Tales are doing a spin off of it called. Minnesota Cuke The Search for Samson's Hairbrush. It sounds like it's going to be very funny.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade both had some really good things going for them... I'm torn between the two. Temple of Doom was all right, but it had kind of a different feel or something. I might say overall I like Raiders of the Lost Ark the best... but Sean Connery adds bonus points to Last Crusade... plus the line of the Crusader guy after the Nazi dude makes a bad choice is hilarious. :)
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I love the Indiana Jones movies. The Last Crusade is my favorite.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

The Last Crusade definately! Does anyone besides me have the deluxe edition? All three movies on DVD, and a fourth disc.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I got it for Christmas. I loved watching the making of the movies.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I really want it but I don't think I will get it. ](*,) I just bought the Star Wars package like that though.
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I've only seen Raiders of the Lost Ark and part of the Lost Crusade. Harrison Ford does great as Indiana Jones. I don't like some of the gross parts, like with the skelatons, but the movie is still good.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Anne wrote:I've only seen Raiders of the Lost Ark and part of the Lost Crusade. Harrison Ford does great as Indiana Jones. I don't like some of the gross parts, like with the skelatons, but the movie is still good.
They retained all those gross parts for the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. :roll: Apart from some of the scenery that is one awesome jeep ride. :D
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

The Top Crusader wrote:I think Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade both had some really good things going for them... I'm torn between the two. Temple of Doom was all right, but it had kind of a different feel or something. I might say overall I like Raiders of the Lost Ark the best... but Sean Connery adds bonus points to Last Crusade... plus the line of the Crusader guy after the Nazi dude makes a bad choice is hilarious. :)
I agree.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's so hard to choose! I haven't seen The Last Crusade in a while, but I remember really enjoying it. I'm not a big fan of some of the gross stuff, and the romantic angles can get a little too "mature" for my tastes, but they're still all fun movies! Let's see...I guess I'll say that Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favourite, but I like them all.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

The Last Crusade is my favorite of the Indiana Jones movies. Raiders of the Lost Ark is ok, but I don't like the lead girl and Temple of Doom was just too dark and different for my tastes. I found it nice to know (while watching the Spielberg documentary on the DVD's) that even he didn't like that movie and only made it dark because George Lucas really, really, really wanted it to be that way.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I just watched the Last Crusade again and now I think I'm going to go with the Last crusade. The Last Crusade is just so funny. I love tons of the lines like after Indy throws the Nazi out the plane says "No ticket" Or when His father shoots up there own plane and says. "Sorry son they got us." It doesn’t have as much action as Raiders but has better lines. I really like the first part of Temple of Doom with the fight in the club and the boy. But after that I don't like the movie too much.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched The Last Crusade yesterday - just thinking about the Indians Jones movies made me want to watch them! I like the part where Indy pretends that he's the Scottish guy to get into the castle, and then sneezes on they butler guy, and then punches him to knock him out! (The moral of the story: when a muscular man wants to rescue his father, don't try to stop him). The "no ticket" scene is great too!

I find the spiritual aspect to the movies disappointing, however. They're fun movies, and they involve a spiritual level, but it isn't entirely conducive to Christianity. While I realize that it isn't made by Christians or specifically for Christians, it still would be nice if something like how the penitent man is humble before God was reflected to a large extent than a short scene where Indy kneels just before his head would have been sliced off. There's the potential for so much more.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I was just wondering him anybody has caught the many referees to Indiana Jones in Odyssey? The cross of Cortez end was exactly like the Last Crusade ending. With somebody reaching just barley able to touch the item that has dropped down to the level below. And also in And That's the Truth PJ says that one room looks like the place where they stashed the Ark of the Covenant.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't think that the Cross of Cortez reference holds up. They may have some vague similarities, but I don't think that they're similar enough to say that AIO based their scene off the Indy scene.

The PJ line is one that I hadn't noticed, though!

Some of the lines in The Last Crusade that remind me of AIO in a general way are when Indy talks about looking for his father and threatens people when he's trying to find his father. It was kind of like when Jason was looking for Whit. I don't think they're deliberately linked, but they're linked in my mind.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Raiders of the Lost Ark was the only one I ever saw...and I only saw it to complete my American Culture education. (And to examine the movie's worldview) A little too much swearing, innuendo and drug references for me...but if you like that sort of thing...
DanJackieChan
Found

Post by DanJackieChan »

Wow your making me make a choice between which Indian Jones movies is best?!!!!! Well I can't say that but I can say its not Young Indian Jones: Treasure of Picottes Eye. That was horrible!

Oh, does anyone know when or if their actually going to make the fifth one?!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've read that they're in the early stages of making a fourth Indiana Jones movie, but it's anybody's guess whether it will actually be made or not.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Catspaw wrote:I don't think that the Cross of Cortez reference holds up. They may have some vague similarities, but I don't think that they're similar enough to say that AIO based their scene off the Indy scene.
Actually I believe "The Last Crusade" was inspiration for "The Cross of Cortes". Don't think about the last scene... think about the very first scene in the movie with young Indiana Jones.

What did young Indiana Jones see? A group of mercenaries trying to steal a cross that belonged to a man named Cortez in 1520. That's right... the cross of Cortez :). The legend is different in "The Cross of Cortes" but the premise is the same... a cross hidden away in a cave that is sought after by treasure hunters.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Catspaw wrote:I've read that they're in the early stages of making a fourth Indiana Jones movie, but it's anybody's guess whether it will actually be made or not.
DJC counted Young Indiana Jones as one of the Indy movies, which he SHOULDN'T have done, since it's BLAGHH!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!