The Odyssey Enigma: Of Salmon and Corn

ok so the title has nothing to do with the story...well maybe.

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
The Scribbler
I'm the Scribbler and you're not.

The Odyssey Enigma: Of Salmon and Corn

Post by The Scribbler »

"]The Odyssey Enigma
By: Kateri Plumfiled

Of Salmon and Corn

We started out the next day. We all said our good byes at the ariport. Catspaw, Frank and Chandler all went out to California to see Leah and Lin's sisters, and doubtlessly to have a "good time". I wisperd to Nell to make sure that she call them frequently. She just looked at me and gave a coy smile. "oh don't you worry about them." she said, as if she were surpressing the urge to giggle.

As the plane carrying myself, Nellie, AIOP and Leah was flying twards Canada while EB and Trillspots were heading to Nebraska on the way back to Odyssey.
There they had an apointment with a young man Named Adam. Adam was somone Andrea new in Nebraska and Nell had aranged a meeting with him.

EB: So Adam, When is the last time you got to talk to Andrea?

Adam: Who?

EB: Andrea Meltsner who else?

Adam: Oh, we never called her that We called her Andie. I talked to her a week ago, when she came for a visit.

EB: She was here! *ahem* I mean she was here? What for.

Adam: Look what is this for?

EB: We have reason to belive that she is missing. She has not been in contact with anyone in our town for more than a month.

Adam: oh...Well she was here for a week or two just visitng friends. She even went to the church and the bookstore a few times, I went too. She left a few weeks ago. I don't think she told me where she went.

EB: Thanks man, that's really helpful.

Adam: uhh please don't call me that.

EB: Right man *ahem* I mean sir. So what is this church and bookstore, where are they exactly?

Adam: Well the church is St. John of Kronstant Eastern Orthodox Church down on 28th and Holdrege. and the Bookstore is the Cattacomb Bookstore up on 66th and Holdrege. As a matter of fact I think the Bookstore is open right now, I am sure some of the people there might know where she went.

EB: Well thanks again.

Adam: no problem.

Adam went about his own business while EB and Trillspots went to the Bookstore. It was very diferent than any other christian bookstore they had ever been in. Rows of books lined the store, along with Icons, old religious pictures, the Smell of coffee, pastires and insence filterd through the air. the jingling bells chimed as the door swung closed behind them.

They were greeted with several kind faces of diferent ages. One lady asked if she could help them with something. This time Trill took over.

Trill: Yes we would like a cup of coffee, a couple of your pastries and We would like to learn more aobut this store.

Laura: Good, We will get you the coffee and pastries right away.
The volenteeres quickly assembled the snack while the priest talked to them about the store, explaining things in his calm fasion and speaking in his clear, low tenor voice. While they talked EB keped and eye on things and an ear as well. He overheard this conversation.

Laura: Carrie, have you heard anything about Andie?
Carrie: Yes, she called me today from Anchorege.

EB was so excited that he did not hear the rest of the conversation, because if he had he would have known something important. Yet he politely excused himself from the discusion of a certian Icon of The Mother of God. to Call Nell on his phone.

EB: Hello?

Nell: Yes? Who is this?

EB: EB here, Got some info for you.

Nell: Yes, what?

EB: Andrea is in Alaska! Anchorage Alaska!

Nell: oh, is she? Well then we will have to look for her won't we now.

EB: yah I got to go k.

Nell: Bye.

Now beeing on the other side of the phone with Nellie, I saw that coy smile again. Something fishy was going on here. I inteded to find out by the end of the week.

We got to Anchorage and could find no sign of her, yet we did get some information that she went to St. Herman's Theological Seminary. Right were we were heading. It seemed like we would find two of our people at once!

We arived at Kodiac, and aranged to see one of the preists, a certian Fr. Joseph Mekowits. We had explained why we were coming prior to our arival so that we would be able to get an interview.

Nell and I walked into the Priest's office, with the others in tow. It was warm and bright. Much like you would want it to be. lovely summer sunshine comming into the big window, Books lined the shelves and beautiful Icons and a painting of A ship in a storm hung on the walls. There was a smell of insence and a little glow of a lampada, wich was lit in the corner. we sat in the leather chairs in front of his modest desk, coverd with books and papers. Father Joseph sat down and pushed his chair up to the desk.

FJ- Yes She was hear for a while she stayed at my family's house. Then for a while with Jin.

AIOP- she knew Jin?

FJ- Yes, they meet one day after the Litatregy. They became friends. Elizabeth, that is her spiritual name, She had some issues, My wife is a psycologist...

AIOP: your wife?

Nell: hush now, they can marrie, didn't you ever talk to Andrea abut this.

He hung his head sort of sheepishly.

AIOP: No.

FJ: My wife talked to her for a while now and then when she was here. She had was very out of sorts, She would move in and out of moods very rapidly and she seemed not to know much, or to think that the most inocent things were a sin beyond forgivness. People would either day she was nuts or she was acting to get attention. I just say she was out of sorts in a way. She had fallen of the palth and we helped her get on.

Leah: and Jin?

FJ: your brother was a sorce of friendship. They talked and found something in common...They seemed to really like eachother. and speaking of Jin, Michael, would you come in here?

In steped a tall Asian man with raven hair, and a little mustash and a little beard. He was obviously not an Alute, his skin was more golden brown. His cheeks redend by fishing out on the boats, wich is how he made his living. Leah noticed right away and ran to him. They held eachother in a loving embrace.

We left them while we walked in the hall.

FJ: Odd, you just missed her, she left two days ago. I don't know why she did not tell you where she was going, I guess she had her reasons.

Nell: Right Father, Thank you for all your help. Please pray for us.

Later I got a chance to talk to Nellie in private.

K: Hey, I need to ask you something.

N:Sure what is it.

K: you knew she was not going to be here right?

N: I cant say, but I will say that I found out on my own that she would be ok. She would somehow show up when she wanted to.

K: How unlike her.

N: no, that is where you are wrong. you mean How like her.

K: You knew!

N: I am not saying that, I am saying that she would do someting like this if she was driven to do so...and she was.

So ladies and gentelment stay tuned for the special edition of the Odyssey Enigma..... wich is tomarow!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

We're getting near the end!

*goes to read the next one that's already up* :D