RIP Patch the Pirate

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

RIP Patch the Pirate

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ron Hamilton, who founded and voiced the Patch the Pirate audio dramas, has passed away after a long battle with early onset dementia. :cry:

I listened to Patch as much as or more than AIO growing up, and now all my kids love the Patch adventures.

Just passing on the news in case other AIO fans also were Patch the Pirate fans.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I only ever heard one episode of that series; I never knew the details behind the show, or that it was in fact a series, until much later on.

Old discussion thread is here, for reference of previously posted comments.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yes, they release a new adventure every year. Several years ago, Patch's daughter and son-in-law have taken over the writing and producing. I own all the CDs and now also subscribe to the Patch app so my kids can listen easily in the car.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrQlxHSL ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Short music video with Ron.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I always enjoyed what I heard--wasn't on local radio like AIO (which probably kept me from getting really, really into it) but we had a teacher or two in elementary school that played them for us fairly often.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Aww, sad news. :( I had to go listen to the best song (Possum Pot Pie, of course!) in memory.