Peter Pan and Wendy

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Peter Pan and Wendy

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just saw this trailer the other day and thought it looked good. I hadn't heard about this at all and suddenly it will be out soon. I like Peter Pan (not love, but like) and this looks like it might be a nice version. Some of the racist stuff in the animated version looks like it has been corrected here, based on glimpses in the trailer. I'll watch it - maybe not immediately after it's released, but sometime.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I may check it out eventually if it's good, but this doesn't interest me much. Peter Pan has really never resonated with me.

I am interested in hearing Kaida's thoughts on it though.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Y'ALL. It was difficult to watch. I did not like it at all. AT ALLLLLLL. My friends were immensely entertained watching me attempt to make it through the whole movie. I made it through the whole movie unfortunately... I should've given up.

I could go into every detail that was oh
-so-completely wrong but that would be just about the whole movie. The characters' personalities were drastically changed. By the end of the movie, you couldn't have named any character as your favorite. Each of them were just meh. They tried to be great! But failed.

There's a reason it went straight to Disney+ and not to theaters like The Little Mermaid. That one was phenomenal. I watched it 3 times in theaters. Twice, I planned it. Third time was for a little girls birthday party but I wasn't mad haha.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I kind of forgot about this movie, but your post does not inspire me to go find it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Kaida. This sounds like a miss.