Super Bowl LVII halftime show

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Super Bowl LVII halftime show

Post by bookworm »

Customary discussion thread.
This year's performer was Rihanna.

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was kind of half-watching. Most of the songs weren't familiar to me. The different levels was cool, especially the way they showed the platforms. I would not want to be one of the people up there! I'm sure it was done very safely, but still..no thanks. ;) It made for a neat visual, though.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The floating platforms were the single standout element to me, and not enough to make it a memorable show. Both musically and as entertainment I thought it was a strikingly bland performance. As explained here previously, you don't want that to be the case in both of those categories.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'd still personally rather have it be bland than super interesting because of some scandalous whatever going on. ;) Everyone kept all their clothes on, so that was nice. I realize advertisers and some fans might feel differently.