Your name in Odyssey

How often have you heard it there?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Have AIO characters had your name?

Yeah, more than one!
22%
Yeah, a main character.
22%
Yeah, but only a one-show-character.
15%
No, never.
41%

Total votes: 46

Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Your name in Odyssey

Post by Evil Chick »

Have any characters in AIO have had your (real) name? If so, how many? And, have they been main characters, or just those one-show-characters?
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Alas and alack, it seems that AIO characters don't like my name. :( One character has had one of my middle names, but that's as close as it's come. It might be kind of weird to suddenly hear my name attached to an AIO character. :-k
Zeba
Still standing tall

Post by Zeba »

I think 3 people and a horse have had my name. They were all one-show characters, though.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Well, it depends on if you mean Jon or Jonathan. Jon is heard quite a bit, but Jonathan has appeared once in FP 5, and in a few eps about Prince David.

-Jonathan
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Two characters have had my (real-life) abrivated name

One character (a simi-regular character) has almost my exact name except for one letter is deslexic in her name :wink:

And one character that appeared in a two-part ep has my name.

*thinks she just gave away enough clues for people to figure out her real name*

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I already knew it, I'm pretty sure.

-Jonathan
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Never. I don't think Laurie is a very popular name.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Many people around here do, though I only use it in E-mails / PMs that are serious in nature.......I've noticed many others (that know my real name) do the same......if it's just a "how things going?" E-mail or PM, then they use gimp / gimp80995.........but if it's a serious issue, the ones who know my real name use it.....and I as well....if it's nowhere near serious I use screen names (even with people I know in person), but if it's serious / kinda serious, I use real names.

Much like in "Memories of Jerry".....when it wasn't serious Jerry called Jason "Judge", but when things did get serious, he called him "Jason".

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Only one character has Frank's real name. (No telling what it is, though.) :D

But there have been hundreds if not thousands of Franks in Odyssey...we should get a list...could someone get it off the AIOHQ or something? :D
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Never.
Last edited by Sonuna on Wed May 10, 2006 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Yes... Sarah Prachett... :P

Although, I'm sure there are other people in the show named Sarah, none come to mind at the moment.

Fact: when I first joined the ToO, my username was Sarah Prachett, but I asked Sadowpaw to change it, because I didn't want to confuse anyone, and make it look like I was acting as a charachter. :P

Sarah
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Well, obviously Mandy Straussberg. And since I go by both Amanda and Mandy, I guess I have some advantages...

There's also another Amanda from older episodes, but I had to look her up on AIOHQ to remember. She's from the way older episodes (Whit's Flop, Life of the Party, Lights Out at Whit's End, and Connie Comes to Town).

Then there's an adult Amanda from a Family Portraits episode that I'd forgotten about, but as soon as I saw it, I recognized her.

But, since Catspaw brought up the subject of middle names, I decided to look up mine.

Let's see, there's Rachael from the Bible, Rachael McCalister from Ill-Gotten Deed, Rachel Jefferson (Alex's mom), Rachel Mitchell (Mitch's sister), Rachel Oswald (Dwayne's grandmother, or something like that), Rachel Weaver from Camp What-A-Nut and an OUSA episdoe, and Rachel Woodworth from Bad Company.

I knew there were a lot of them, but I didn't know there were that many...

Mandy
Last edited by Mandy Straussberg on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

A character who has been in almost every AIO has my first name. Now that everyone knows my name, I haven't heard my middle name yet.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

ajamj wrote:A character who has been in almost every AIO has my first name. Now that everyone knows my name, I haven't heard my middle name yet.
Really? That's soo cute! I'm assuming that it's Connie, right? :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Found another time; in Malachi's Message II Jason talks to someone on the phone named Jonathan, though we never hear him.

-Jonathan
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

As far as middle names go.... I don't think anyone has my middle name on the show, as it is DeeAnn. :D

Sarah
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I think I'm the only individual who has heard his name in every single episode. Top that! :x
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yep, there was a sorta main character for awhile that had my name. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Woah, there is a Character in an episode that has my middle name.

Peace Out

-Gimp

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I think I'm the only individual who has heard his name in every single episode. Top that! :x
Chris? :anxious:
...I hate marquees.