Earl Boen Has Passed Away

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Earl Boen Has Passed Away

Post by Polehaus53 »

Earl Boen, best known in AIO for voicing Dr. Regis Blackgaard and Edwin Blackgaard, passed away on Thursday at the age of 81.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/earl ... 235480866/

In addition to voicing the Blackgaard brothers and other characters in Odyssey, Earl Boen was known for playing various roles in many other movies, TV shows, and video games; most notably Dr. Silberman in The Terminator films, appearances in Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire, Star Trek, Clifford the Big Red Dog and Spider-Man cartoon shows, and much more.

He will be missed.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Aww, this is sad news. :( He had quite a prestigious filmography! I'm glad he lent his talents to AIO; he brought such a dramatic flair to everything.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

One of the great voices!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was on the IMDB and saw that Earl Boen had passed away, so I came here to see that the news was posted already. Sad news. He will always be beloved to AIO fans!
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

So sad, an amazing legendary voice. I list to Darkness before Dawn regularly and his performance as Dr. Blagaard is so iconic.