College Bowl Pick'em!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

College Bowl Pick'em!

Post by bookworm »

Image College Bowl Pick'em Contest! Image

It's time to pick the college football bowl games again! \:D/ Our group is renewed, please go and join!
ESPN Bowl Mania password: thetoo
You have until December 15th to submit your picks!

I hope we have several people join! This is like the March Madness game, but even easier to do. It's literally just picking teams down a list one time. It can be entirely random, just click one in each game. The more participants there are the more fun it is, you don't have to really know what you're doing!
Please enter, even if you don't care about the games at all. It takes less than two minutes to do and then you can forget about it if you want. Just join to be nice to us who would like to have a big group playing! :)

Previous: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Expand below for instructions if you're confused about how to join the group or make your picks:
You will need an ESPN account. If you don't have one already it's very easy and fast to make. You don't have to provide identifying information.
PM me if you have trouble or concerns making an account and I can make one for you.
  • Log in to your ESPN account and go to the page for our group linked above. Click the "Join Group" button.
  • Enter the group password in the popup window then click "Join Group"
  • You should be taken to the ToO group homepage. Click on the name of your entry.

How to make your picks:
(These pictures are just examples of the process, the teams you see may be different.)
  • Simply go down the list of games and click on one team in each game. (The one you think will win.) The percentages show how many other people have picked that team. Continue picking one team in each game until you reach the bottom of the list.
  • At the bottom of the page, pick the team you think will be the National Champion, then guess how many total points will be scored in the final championship game. (This is used for the contest tiebreaker if one is needed.)

That's it! You're all set! \:D/
PM me if you have problems or questions with anything!

Image Bowl Game Live Chats! Image

For those who do care, I've also set up a Chatroom channel for live chatting the games! \:D/
Join #Bowl if you're able to be online while you watch, especially if you are rooting for either team playing! If you aren't really following the game but just want to come hang out that's great too, the more the merrier!

I won't be there for most of the early bowls, but feel free to hold your own viewing parties if you want to.
Hopefully we'll have a good showing when we get to the bigger ones in a couple weeks! :)

Schedule of bowls, dates, times, and channels
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Final game tonight!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Congratulations to Almanzo for winning this year's contest! =D> @Laura Ingalls please pass it on to him.

He and Brad were tied going into the final game, and both picked Georgia, so it went to the tiebreaker!
Which he actually predicted exactly right?? What?! :shock:

Final Results:
Almanzo 25-18 (TCS: 72)
Brad 25-18 (TCS: 36)
bookworm 23-20
AE 19-24
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Considered it passed on! He says it makes up for him having such a lousy fantasy football season. :P
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Congrats!

Nobody look at my scores. :-
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.