The oft rumored, never seen GAAAAY episode script is online.

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

The oft rumored, never seen GAAAAY episode script is online.

Post by The Top Crusader »

Dunno if I should link to it or not, but its an interesting piece of AiO history to be sure. >_>
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Link?
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:34 amLink?
Dave Griffin— the actor who played Jimmy Barclay— shared the script on his blog on November 26. I believe it's still his most recent post. Don't know if we're supposed to post links or not, but it's easy enough to find. Personally, I really like Dave and appreciate him sharing his story. As a long-time Odyssey fan who also now struggles with my American evangelical background, I can definitely appreciate where he's coming from. But all that said, his blog is not necessarily a kid-friendly website... strong language and such. And he deals with some pretty weighty issues. I just figured I should mention that because I know there are Odyssey fans of all ages on this site.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah he asked me specifically not to link directly to it from here since theoretically kids could be creeping around.
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

The Top Crusader wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:11 am Yeah he asked me specifically not to link directly to it from here since theoretically kids could be creeping around.
Yeah, that definitely makes sense. I was hesitant to even respond, though I wasn't sure if there were any kids on this message board anymore. I haven't logged on in years... just dusted off some Odysseys for the first time in a few years and thought I'd check back in... but I see things are much quieter here these days. Bummer.
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

Good GRIEF. Poor David, poor queer aio fans. What a tragic mess.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I had never heard the rumors of this script even existing. Thanks for making us aware of it. I know David didn’t want his blog shared on fan sites but it’s important that his story gets out to grownup fans like us.

I’m glad that FOTF made the call to not air this episode. As an AIO fan who didn’t feel comfortable coming out as gay until my late 20s thanks to my evangelical upbringing, hearing this message explicitly enforced on my favorite childhood show would have only been more harmful.

What a fascinating piece of AIO lore.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

One in five attempt. One in two seriously consider. https://www.thetrevorproject.org/survey-2022/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
chadagonye
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by chadagonye »

Aside from the obvious topical issues, I have to say the script is so boring. I'm sure DG made his parts come alive, but man.