Movies Anywhere/ Screen Pass

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Movies Anywhere/ Screen Pass

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don’t actually use this or know how it works, but I think if you use Movies Anywhere you can watch something from my catalogue if it’s eligible. These expire at the end of the month and I never give them out, so here goes an attempt. \:D/

https://moviesanywhere.com/screenpass/S7LR87HTXDHN8D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've never heard of this before, but I made an account to try your link and it seems to be working. :) I see a list of movie options at least. Can't try to play one right now but I'll look into it more later. Thanks Top!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yay! \:D/ Let me know if it works and what you decide to watch! I got hundreds of free digital movie codes at my old job.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just used your invite to activate the 2009 Sherlock Holmes movie (I've been meaning to get around to seeing that for years) and it's showing up in 'My Movies'. I wanted to be sure to select something now because if I understand this right the invitations expire at the end of each month, meaning tonight, but once it's used on a movie I'll have 14 days to start watching it. I didn't try playing it yet because it says once you start streaming you only get 72 hours to finish watching, but it looks like it's all good to go.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well I'm glad it seems functional. \:D/

I will try to post them in a timely manner with more than one day to claim it once in a while.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

-- November 12th, 2022, 2:22 pm --

I watched the movie last night, it worked flawlessly. Thanks again Top!

-- March 10th, 2023, 5:54 pm --
At Movies Anywhere we are continually making changes to the website and app to help our users enjoy and grow their collections.

As the experience continues to evolve, we want to notify you that effective May 1 users will no longer be able to use the Screen Pass feature to send a Screen Pass. For Screen Passes sent prior to May 1, recipients will still be able to accept and finish watching the movie before their passes expire. As of June 1, the Screen Pass feature will no longer be supported.
:(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds like company-speak for "people liked it too much so we're stopping it." ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well that is stinky.

https://moviesanywhere.com/screenpass/SB9XL23VWKXGRT

While they last…
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks Top; I used it to activate the Sherlock Holmes sequel, I'll watch it later this week.

I think you can generate up to three per month, if you wanted to get the most out of it before this ends and post another for someone else to use.