Halloween Is Grinch Night

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Halloween Is Grinch Night

Post by bookworm »

I'll be posting about this special in the Halloween movie recommendations topic in a minute, so I thought I'd also make a dedicated thread for this lesser known prequel to How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Made eleven years after the original holiday classic, this not-so-classic doesn't provide the origin of the Grinch or the Whos, but expands on what their relationship was like before his later change of heart.

It's very strange.

I've known the original Grinch book and movie all my life, but I never knew this was a thing at all until just a couple years ago. Were any of you aware of it?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

This was my absolute favorite thing when I was 16. I was obsessed with it. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Woah, I did not even know this is a thing. I know the original classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas, but I had no idea there is a prequel in existence. My interest is piqued, so I'll definitely be sure to watch soon!
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

jelly wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:55 pmThis was my absolute favorite thing when I was 16. I was obsessed with it. :P
Is that when you found out about it, or did you grow up with it like I assume everyone did with the Christmas one.