Werewolf By Night

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Werewolf By Night

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm super not into werewolf stuff, so I didn't even bother to watch the trailer. If I missed out on something awesome, someone let me know. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I like werewolf stuff as a general concept, but don't watch a lot of it because my horror tolerance is very low. It's hard to judge the tone this is going to have from the trailer so I'll be looking for further information when it releases on what it's like to see if I'll check it out.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah the tone is a little all over there. I'll probably watch it (because its short, its Marvel, and I sometimes like weird creepy things depending), but I'm not sure what to think. The cut of the trailer is sort of like a combo of old Universal Horror from the 1930's and 40's, but kind of mixed with grindhouse/exploitation films of the 70's or whatever. I know they finally dumped some more violent stuff on Disney Plus in the US but I doubt it's going to be anything too remarkably gory, but I guess we will see. >_>

They do have Deadpool and Logan on there now, but that's sort of technically grandfathered in from Fox and not MCU proper.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I will eagerly await the Top and bookworm reviews. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Skimming some reviews to try getting tone descriptions but avoid content spoilers I'm gathering that this seems to be more stylized than outright scary ('love letter' to 30's horror movies was the director's description), and Kevin Feige said it's "introducing a world that will ultimately become quite important to the future of the MCU" so I'm going to go ahead and check it out.

I think I'll wait to watch until Halloween evening; might as well put it to best use since there are so few horror type things I go in for.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, I was listening to the radio the other day when a movie review section was on and they said it wasn't too icky, plus that it was a one-shot and less than an hour, so that mildly increases the odds of me watching. Still not super high odds, but better than if it was a show or a long movie or gory.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I watched it. It was okay.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I watched it last night. Wow it was so not what I expected!

I thought it would be either really intense or really gory, maybe even both but surely one of the two, but it was actually neither. I'm not upset about that, I'm just very surprised. I am the biggest wimp when it comes to scares, but I was not on edge even a little bit at any time during this. It was notably more violent that anything else in the MCU, but not in the extremely visceral way that I would have expected something like this to be. (Being black and white surely helped it not come off as shocking as some of the scenes would have probably been otherwise.)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Interesting. It sounds like it's quite different than what I expected. I might just give it a try one day...maybe. ;) Thanks for sharing, bookworm!