949: Dead of Night

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Bren
Be positive!

949: Dead of Night

Post by Bren »

Connie, Jason, and Whit must decide which one of their friends is trustworthy and how far a vast conspiracy may reach.
Given the NCIS episodes I've seen, taking in Jason would've been standard procedure. Even if you believe the boss is innocent, they have to be questioned if there is anything on the surface showing they might be involved.

The funding getting pulled reminded me of Eugene's work at the NIH.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Definitely fair on the procedure comment, Bren. I did like how everyone was mature about it, no hissy fits over what clearly does make sense from a procedure standpoint.
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

I was just looking through some of my writings and realized that I had typed up my thoughts on this episode over a year ago when this topic was made but never posted them. :anxious: Oh, well, better late than never. :D Here are some of the thoughts I had:
The revelation about Sky Feldstein is quite a surprise. She is the last person I expected to be a bad guy. I bet her father, Guy Feldstein, wouldn’t be very happy with her. :noway:

In Album 53: The Green Ring Conspiracy, we see Detective Polehaus have a lot of fun interactions with one of his officers, Martin. In this episode we see that Officer Burke has taken this role. The continued exchanges between Polehaus and Officer Burke were humorous in this episode, I enjoyed hearing that.

This episode also reveals that apparently Jillian is a Christian. I wish that this fact had been made clear in her earlier episodes. It’s starting to look like she will indeed end up getting married to Jason at some point. Emphasis on the words “at some point”. It’ll probably be a long time into the future if it does happen. I find it a bit strange that even Connie didn't know this and Jillian has been living with her for all this time. Jillian must be a pretty good actor (that may be an understatement).

Also, this episode is taking place during the very early morning hours. I’m not sure if I would say the title “Dead of Night” is accurate, but that’s probably just me nitpicking. :D
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."