948: Evening

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
948: Evening

Post by Stephen P »

Whit and Detective Polehaus make progress in their investigation while Jason finds clues of a more sinister plot that stretches far beyond Odyssey.
The plot literally thickens.
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Here are some of my thoughts on this episode:
I really enjoyed everyone’s reactions to Jillian being an agent. I can’t even imagine their shock, especially since she has intentionally been playing a very silly personality this whole time. Connie’s reaction to Jillian being an agent was great! Connie’s line, “Anyone else working for the NSA? Wooton? Jay Smouse? Maybe me?!" was hilarious. Poor Connie, always being the last to know. :lol: After Jillian admits she’s no good at making jewelry, Whit’s line “Yeah, those cufflinks gave me nightmares” made me laugh. It was something I didn’t expect to hear him say in that tone of voice.

On the topic of Jillian being an agent, I must say that my thoughts are mixed. I think it's kind of cool that she has been playing this silly character all this time as an undercover agent. However, at the same time I also feel like it's too easy an answer for her to be an agent. Perhaps a bit forced. After all, it has been hinted and theorized that Jillian was introduced to be a love interest for Jason. Well, what a great excuse for her to get together with Jason, since she’s now apparently also an agent. However, I’m not going to judge just yet. I’m willing to see how it goes in future episodes.

Oh, and we now have Detective Polehaus’ age: 55 years old. I’m sure those who like to calculate Odyssey character's ages appreciate that. Somehow, I’ve always thought Detective Polehaus to be older than 55. :-k

My main complaint is that I feel like this episode had an awful lot of information dumped on the listeners. It does all become important later, but I feel like there could have been a lot more action in this episode to deliver it all, rather than having the characters just talking about it. But aside from that, overall, I liked this episode. :yes:
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, Polehaus53, I loved your whole post, especially about Connie. Also, your namesake is a great character, so I enjoyed hearing so much from him in this album.