947: Afternoon

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Bren
Be positive!

947: Afternoon

Post by Bren »

Detective Polehaus joins Whit to investigate what really happened during a break-in at the Antique shop while Jason tries to make sense of his unusual situation.
Who do we trust going forward?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by Stephen P »

I've listened to it several times and been picking up smaller details each time. But I'm torn on Jillian... She does very clearly bring the shirt to the attention of Polehaus (which could help the investigation and possibly get him pointed towards the area of the safehouse), but she also picked Jason up minutes before Polehaus and Whit got there. I'm also questioning why the door alarm would have been disabled on the Antique Store if she was really on Jason's side.

I was excited to hear The Chairman again, though I'm still on the fence as to who he's talking to. Not sure if it's a new character or not, but some of the vocal qualities did resemble a slightly altered version of Oscar's voice (the guy who hit Jason's car). Not entirely sure on that connection...

Lots of unanswered questions...
Everett
Lurker
Post by Everett »

Stephen P wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:10 pm
I've listened to it several times and been picking up smaller details each time. But I'm torn on Jillian... She does very clearly bring the shirt to the attention of Polehaus (which could help the investigation and possibly get him pointed towards the area of the safehouse), but she also picked Jason up minutes before Polehaus and Whit got there. I'm also questioning why the door alarm would have been disabled on the Antique Store if she was really on Jason's side.

I was excited to hear The Chairman again, though I'm still on the fence as to who he's talking to. Not sure if it's a new character or not, but some of the vocal qualities did resemble a slightly altered version of Oscar's voice (the guy who hit Jason's car). Not entirely sure on that connection...

Lots of unanswered questions...
I've been thinking about the sweater, and one thought was maybe Jillian was trying to get one over on Polhause, and maybe she cuts the fuel line so that she could get to Jason before whit and polhause. now if she was a bad guy, why would she rescue Jason, unless she's working for someone else, or the chairman has something she wants. people might ask why she wouldn't reveal herself to Jason, but that's because he's Jason, he dosen't want a bodyguard (unless maybe it was Tasha!).
Also
I'm probably in the group that were more surprsied by Jillian's reveal than the Chairman's, but when it was rumoured i was kind of anticipating that it might happen, so rather that going "Whoa, Wait, what?" I was more "YES, Finally!" I'm hoping they'll mention some of the stuff in Novacom, or even mention Monica.
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by Stephen P »

Everett wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:31 pm
I've been thinking about the sweater, and one thought was maybe Jillian was trying to get one over on Polhause, and maybe she cuts the fuel line so that she could get to Jason before whit and polhause. now if she was a bad guy, why would she rescue Jason, unless she's working for someone else, or the chairman has something she wants. people might ask why she wouldn't reveal herself to Jason, but that's because he's Jason, he dosen't want a bodyguard (unless maybe it was Tasha!).
"Evening" sheds a bit more light on her legitimacy. Whit's apparent expectation of an NSA agent did seem to increase her credibility (though it was unclear when they told him an agent would be "coming"). I have a lot of other thoughts, but probably best to relegate that to the newer thread for "Evening."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It was interesting how Jillian found the sweater and the watch - and I loved the story about the movie about the cats. :lol: It definitely made me wonder why Polehaus hadn't already done that work but maybe he just didn't get around to it yet.

I kept waiting for Jason to get re-kidnapped and then it never happened!