946: Morning

SPOILERS WILL ABOUND!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Bren
Be positive!

946: Morning

Post by Bren »

It's a typical morning in Odyssey. Jason needs to jumpstart a car, Connie's giving relationship advice, and Jillian is late to her job at Triple J Antiques. But when Whit discovers an injured doctor, events are set in motion that lead to the longest day in the small town's history. Show Less
Discuss!
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I hesitate to say too much seeing as how I got access and listened to the second part of the album. My reaction to the first part was pretty good. I had some moments where my jaw DROPPED especially during
that last scene when Jillian dropped her fake persona
and yet there were other times where I thought that the episode's attempts at comedy were inconsistent at best.
When the burglar left the watch behind and Polehaus was left to question, "Why break in for the watch if only to leave it in the trash?" I felt strong deja Vu to "The Perfect Witness" when the robbers used a valuable book at Holstein's as a cover for their actual motives.
Anyway, if you thought the bombshell at the end of this episode was big, wait for part two :shock:
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by Stephen P »

Whoa. That episode was great.
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

I'm excited to listen to this one once it hits the radio. Anything to do with Jillian and Jason has me intrigued.
Monica Stone wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:18 pm I hesitate to say too much seeing as how I got access and listened to the second part of the album. My reaction to the first part was pretty good. I had some moments where my jaw DROPPED especially during
Color me more intrigued. First Tasha, then Monica-- why do they always do this to a Jason relationship?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
Everett
Lurker
Post by Everett »

Monica Stone wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:18 pm I hesitate to say too much seeing as how I got access and listened to the second part of the album. My reaction to the first part was pretty good. I had some moments where my jaw DROPPED especially during
I've just listen to if for the first time and all I can say is
Finally!!! I'm glad she's dropped the act, she was waaaaaay too annoying and naive to not be acting, plus something sounded different about her voice in this episode, she sounded too 'chilled' about everything. I'm pretty sure she's the one who broke into the shop too. I mean, the 'robbery' happens the morning after she 'forgets' to switch the alarms on. she probably 'forgot' to do things before so it wouldn't look suspicious. and let's not forget that she's the one who found the sweater in the dumpster. I also noticed that Jillian and 'Oscar' were both 'overacting' a bit too much, which to me raise some red flags
there is one thing annoying me though:
if the chairman is rumoured to be involved why would he kidnap Jason? Whit and Eugene did more to hurt the chairman's plans than Jason did, I know that "as Buck would have it" started as part of this story but was separated (explaining Eugene's absence in this album) but it doesn't seem like the chairman's style to hurt Whit through Jason, unless their roles were originally meant for Buck and Eugene (Kathy said on a podcast that she wanted Eugene to prove how much he cares about Buck by choosing him over something else)
I'll have listen to part 2 to see if I'm right.
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Ah, yes. The first part of the long-anticipated 28 Hours album! \:D/ This was quite an episode. A little late, but here are some of my thoughts (Full of spoilers, so read at your own risk!):
The start of this episode was good. It kicks off with Whit finding a mysterious injured doctor. I was reminded of “The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 1” where Whit finds that Monty has been injured.

A little complaint I have here: In the scene in the hospital, I feel like the dialogue between Whit and Detective Polehaus about Polehaus’ blind date went on too long. Is that really necessary? Unless something about this blind date becomes significant in the upcoming episodes, I can’t see what the point of Polehaus’ lines complaining about his date were about.

Warning! Mild spoiler for “Afternoon” in the below spoiler:
So, I understand it has been established that Sky Feldstein was the person Polehaus went on the blind date with and that it is her workers’ sweatshirt in the dumpster. However, I still think all these lines about it were unneeded. What does her being a vegetarian, her electric car, and her age have to do with anything? Unless they become very significant in the rest of the album. :?
This is a kids’ show, and I don’t see why they must bring in this stuff unless it becomes very important to the plot later on. So, I guess we’ll see.

There were some great lines in here that made me laugh. Jillian’s line, “I didn’t hear my alarm. Or maybe I forgot to set it. Or maybe I don’t have an alarm.” was pretty funny. Also a bit relatable. :anxious: Detective Polehaus’ sarcastic replies to everything Jillian says were pretty humorous as well. :lol:

The scene where Jason was crashed into by Oscar was absolutely amazing, I really liked it! All of it was well done, from the sound design to the music to the acting. =D> I’m wondering how this supposed “accident” connects with the break-in at Triple J Antiques. :-k

Oh, and this episode features the return of Officer Stew Burke! His last appearance was in “Accidental Dilemma, Part 2”, 14 years and 311 episodes ago! I enjoyed hearing him again. :yes:

I notice that during the wraps, Chris doesn't list the cast. Could that be because there might be actors of characters we know who will appear later on? Or maybe they're trying to avoid actor-related spoilers like they had back in 2020 with "Rydell Revelations", where a photo of the actress of Tasha was posted on the AIO Facebook page before “The Rydell Revelations, Part 2” was released.

One of the things that Chris does say is that the sound design for this episode was by Zach Schneider and Luke Guenot, the newest sound designers for the AIO Team. I must say, they did a good job! I look forward to hearing their work in the rest of this album. =D>
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I pay for the AIO Club and then don't listen to new episodes until they release the CDs and I can listen that way anyway. It's just the way I roll. ;)

That's the reason why I just listened to the new album yesterday and today.
I loved the reveal on Jillian, like some other people mentioned as well. I was starting to get Jar Jar vibes off her in this episode (if that doesn't mean anything to you and you are a Star Wars fan, you must Google it or PM me, and if you aren't a Star Wars fan, just ignore it) ;) which had me wondering if her goofy persona was covering up an evil plan. I was much happier that it was covering up a smart hero side! I hate it when a bad guy infiltrates a group for a super long time. I'm okay with this. ;)