Andor

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Andor

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Looks good! It looks like there will be some backstory on Mon Mothma, which I'm curious to see. It doesn't look earthshattering but it does look entertaining.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don't know if it comes across in the teaser but in promotional materials they are really emphasizing that this is a spy show. That interests me, as a continuation of trying to expand Star Wars stories into different genres, like how Rogue One had a distinct war movie feel to it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

A spy show sounds fun. I think that at least somewhat comes across in the trailer.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Without Don Adams, what's the point?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:33 amWithout Don Adams, what's the point?
They can CGI him.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

The budget on this looks insane in comparison to the other Star Wars Disney+ shows. I really believe this is the show that will be the most surprising in quality and story and I couldn't be more excited. I have heard good things about the showrunners/writers and I'm very excited!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, I hadn't heard that it was a bigger budget than the other shows. Is it going to be more episodes? It seems surprising that it would cost more than some of the other shows, but I'm no expert.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Catspaw wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:05 pm Oh, I hadn't heard that it was a bigger budget than the other shows. Is it going to be more episodes? It seems surprising that it would cost more than some of the other shows, but I'm no expert.
I think it's going to be two or three seasons of 12 episodes.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Dr. Watson wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:45 pm
Catspaw wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:05 pm Oh, I hadn't heard that it was a bigger budget than the other shows. Is it going to be more episodes? It seems surprising that it would cost more than some of the other shows, but I'm no expert.
I think it's going to be two or three seasons of 12 episodes.
Wow, that is quite extensive. I wasn't thinking of that much of an undertaking. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for that many episodes!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Second trailer is out! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't really remember anything about Rogue One but this keeps looking really cool. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The new trailer looks great! I like getting a better idea of what the show will be like.

Top's post reminds me that maybe I should watch Rogue One before I start the show. It was good but I haven't watched it for a while. I have some time, since the release date was pushed back.
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

So, did anyone watch this?
It's interesting. I like how it shows the beginning of the events which eventually lead up to Rouge One. However, I had some difficulty keeping track of all the different storylines that were going on. Perhaps it's just me, but with each episode focusing on so many different characters doing so many different things at the same time, I had a hard time keeping up and getting into the story. It wasn't until the later episodes, the episodes where Cassian gets put into prison and plans to break out, that my interest was actually grabbed and I was able to get into the show. But maybe that's just me. :?

I don't know, perhaps I need to rewatch it and my opinion will change, but of all the new Star Wars shows that have been coming out lately I can't say I enjoyed this one as much. I'm fine with watching a second season (releasing sometime next year in 2024, if I'm not mistaken), but I personally liked the Obi-Wan Kenobi show better than this one. :anxious:
Anyone else have any thoughts? I'm curious to know what everyone else's opinions of this show are.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the reminder, Polehaus. I did watch Andor. I ended up a few weeks behind but did finish it before I saw any big spoilers, which was my goal. I enjoyed it overall. It definitely kep me guessing, which I like, and I came up with some theories that didn't pay off but I still had fun coming up with.
I kept waiting for the sister storyline from the beginning to have a pay off and it never really did. I wonder if it just is one of those unresolved things or maybe they're bringing it back from the second season? That's what I don't like about so many recent shows is that it's hard to judge them entirely, because maybe the stuff I think is missing or not great will be resolved or improved in future seasons...or maybe the stuff I like will be trashed. ;) That can always be true of TV shows, I guess, but it seems like it's happening a lot with recent Star Wars and Marvel shows.

I'm glad I watched the show and did enjoy it overall. I didn't love it but it did add to the Rogue One story and it was entertaining.