Music Composing

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Music Composing

Post by Stephen P »

Hey, all.

Still finding my way around this place...but it occurred to me that there might be a few here interested in music composing. This is one I completed yesterday after several years of not doing anything:

Anyone else interested in that field? What DAW systems do you use?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Very cool, Stephen! :D Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed listening. There's such an inspiring and uplifting kind of feel to this music! Do you use your music for any particular projects?

I'm not musically gifted in any way so I enjoy the talents of others. No composing here, just some bad singing. ;)
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by Stephen P »

This one was mostly for fun (and to try getting my creative juices flowing after a long time of not doing anything). Inspiration came from the beginning of Isaiah 43.

I’ve helped do sound design and some arranging for various church videos over the years (mostly in high school) and did some side projects. One was a homeschool video short with a bunch of friends and another was a Broadway-style musical we did at church where I ended up orchestrating the music another friend wrote for the production. Other than that…I mostly just mess around and have fun. I don’t have a lot of formal training or experience.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

What a cool source of inspiration! I love it. It sounds like you're making good use of your talents and interests. :yes:
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by Stephen P »

Finished this one up this morning:

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Stephen P wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:35 pm Finished this one up this morning:

You don't happen to have a youtube channel, do you?
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by Stephen P »

Technically this one is auto-generated when I release stuff for digital distribution (which isn't very often because it costs money...):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbWS0i ... 0oeOkx8O2A

Other than that, I don't have anything, at present. This newest release should be up on that channel in a few weeks, once it makes it through the approval and distribution process.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Beautful, Stephen! :D I really enjoyed listening to The Adventure Ahead. The title seems quite fitting with the music - well done!