Black Adam

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Black Adam

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Interesting premise. I'm not familiar with this at all. It's hard to tell if it will be more violent than I prefer - it looks like it has the potential to be good, so I'll wait for some reviews.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Good trailer, and I always thought Dr. Fate was neat so glad to see him in a movie. Given the track record of DC films, though, I don’t want to get my hopes up.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I ended up going with some guys from work. It wasn't like super amazing or ground breaking or the greatest cinematic masterpiece of our time, but overall I liked it. Kind of felt to be a little too much of a pastiche of better Marvel films at times, and the rando kid was more annoying than entertaining I thought personally. But still it was a pro wrestler shooting lightning at people and stuff so it was at least fun.
Plus the surprise cameo that the Rock keeps talking about at the very end was neat :shock:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I enjoyed most of this movie.

I really, really did not like Atom Smasher. The lazy 'humor' of make him a quirky goofball riding the line of is he just awkward or actually an idiot was a complete copy and paste of what they did with The Flash in Justice League, which I thought was the worst thing about that movie, and I hated it just as much here. It does not work for me on any level.

The Rock was entertaining as always. Pierce Brosnan was actually my favorite part of the movie, which I didn't expect!

I thought the twist was good.

The mid credits scene was very unexpected!
Not what the scene itself was, that was predictable, but who it was in the role given what's been going on in real life stuff around the future of that character.
From the very little I knew about Black Adam going in I was aware he was somehow related to Shazaam, and I was confused why you would never have known that from any of the promotional material, but I see now that the link is only in shared lore and this movie itself is not related in any way to the 2019 one so it makes sense.