The meetup (photos) you never knew you needed!

UNTIL NOW

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

The meetup (photos) you never knew you needed!

Post by Marvin D. »

Hello fellow ToOers \:D/

Even though it's been quite some time since I've been as active as I was, I always stayed in touch with a couple of ToOers here and there over the years. Last month, I flew back to the States from Amsterdam after almost 7 years to spend a week in and around D.C., together with none other than...
IDANCE4JESUS/ID4J/Musical Shutterbug/Mercy/Mecry!!! \:D/ \:D/
I've attached two photos during our EPIC ADVENTURES below in a spoiler tag since they're absolutely massive so you can experience the FOMO firsthand:

Even though it was our first time meeting after over a decade(?!), it was an absolute blast and it was a total pleasure to go through DC, Annapolis, and even some of Virginia over a week, exploring the sights, brunching, and just hanging out. So if you all need a great travel buddy...Mercy's your gal.

So yeah, thank you for coming to my TED Talk \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

*dripping in FOMO*
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

That sounds fun. I've missed Mercy around here.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

That means you all were like 4 hours away from meee!? :mad: Looks like you had a grand ol' time. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

snubs wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:44 pm That means you all were like 4 hours away from meee!? :mad: Looks like you had a grand ol' time. \:D/
That's nothing, they were like...9 hours away from me..! :mad2: ;)

Y'all are looking good. :)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's awesome! It looks like you two had a fun time. Thanks for sharing, Marvin. It's great to see you around!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

jelly wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:52 am *dripping in FOMO*
Jelly <3

that's right, drip in FOMO :x and come visit Europe :noway:
Bren wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:47 am That sounds fun. I've missed Mercy around here.
it really was! and it helped that it barely rained!
snubs wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:44 pm That means you all were like 4 hours away from meee!? :mad: Looks like you had a grand ol' time. \:D/
why didn't your Spide sense tingle and bring you to DC or Silver Spring? :noway:
Old Brad wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:16 pm
That's nothing, they were like...9 hours away from me..! :mad2: ;)

Y'all are looking good. :)
after living in a country as small as the Netherlands, where you can be in 2 different countries in under 2 hours, anything over 2.5 hours is really far :anxious:
Catspaw wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:50 pm That's awesome! It looks like you two had a fun time. Thanks for sharing, Marvin. It's great to see you around!
it was actually terrible, Mercy was the worst :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Heyyyyyyy, it's me. \:D/ Never thought that a friendship born on an AIO forum over a decade ago would turn into a real-life travel buddy. Anyway, with the global chaos of the past couple of years, there's always a few memorable and tender moments to cling to, and this trip with Josh will definitely be one of them for me. Hope everyone's doing well, this forum will always hold a special place in my heart. :hug:
*insert provocative quote here*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Marvin D. wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:48 am
Catspaw wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:50 pm That's awesome! It looks like you two had a fun time. Thanks for sharing, Marvin. It's great to see you around!
it was actually terrible, Mercy was the worst :(
I wanted to ask, but thought it might be rude. Thanks for sharing the truth, Marvin. \:D/

Hey Musical Shutterbug, it's awesome you stopped by to say hi! Sometimes life goes in unexpected ways. It sounds like this was a fun time. :D
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

That's awesome that you two met up \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

That's awesome! \:D/
Like Jelly said, FOMO is strong here as well.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This is wholesome. ^_^ Nice to see, Josh and IDJ!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.