Avery Awards 2022

Voting is now open!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Avery Awards 2022

Post by Polehaus53 »

Voting for the Avery Awards for Albums 71: A Slippery Slope and 72: The Long Road Home is now open! Go to the latest episode of the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast to vote!

We've got a few categories this year. Sadly, there are no new special categories similar to "Best Bogus News Story" or "Lesson Learned-est Moment" this year like there have been in previous Averies. :(
But be sure to cast your vote for the following categories:
Best Actress
Favorite Stoyline
Best Sound Design
Best Actor
Best Script
Best Scene
Best Overall Episode

Also, there are two questions where you can write a response regarding what you liked and didn't like about the albums, so be sure to fill that out as well!

Anyone voted yet? What nominations do you think deserve to win awards? Any theories on who you think will win? Let's discuss!
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I liked the Olivia arc best, and voted accordingly. I think the only time I voted for anything else was 'Best Sound Design'; I think you could make a solid argument for one of the Olivia episodes over that, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt since I know it was a sound-heavy episode.

I picked Kelly Stables over Natalie Lander, but it's almost unfair, because Natalie was good enough to win some other award season.

I kinda wish they didn't choose the episode for 'best actor' or 'best actress', and just had the name. I voted Mike Shapiro for actor, but the moment I had in mind for him was actually in "The Lost One", not the episode they picked.

In my commentary on things I 'disliked', I said 'any episode with Morrie in it'. I liked the other episodes, though, especially the Olivia ones.

Olivia's arc persuaded me to start listening to AIO again, and I detest new Morrie arc episodes. Since this is something of a referendum on the writing in modern AIO, I have a little more emotionally invested in this one than the others. I'm hoping the majority of fans will see it the same way. I wouldn't be surprised if the Buck arc got some votes (which, I think would be overrating it; not that it was bad, but the Olivia arc was better), but I would be disappointed if Morrie got any.

It is important to make it clear that my complaint is about Morrie, not Emily. I don't have anything against her or her episodes. If all they did was record and produce Emily Clubhouse mysteries for 'Emily episodes', I'd be content with that and could say they were good episodes (although they wouldn't win out over the Olivia arc, which, in my opinion, is a classic on arrival, maybe a generationally great episode series).