Album 73

Any thoughts or theories?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Album 73

Post by Polehaus53 »

Been wanting to make a topic about this upcoming album. Here I'll be compiling the main things we know and giving some of my thoughts. I'm curious to know what everyone else's thoughts are.

In the recent live chat with Marshal Younger, it was confirmed that Album 73 will be titled "28 Hours" and will be a six-part episode written by Kathy Buchanan.

The album is currently available for pre-order on Amazon and CBD.

As far as the episode's plot goes, the pre-order page on Amazon released the following summary at the end of February:
The clock is ticking toward an explosive confrontation as your friends from Odyssey race to solve the mystery and save the world in this special, six-part adventure 28 Hours.

To Jason Whittaker, it was just another morning in Odyssey. Birds were chirping. Sunshine warmed his back. The only urgent item on his agenda was helping Connie Kendall get her car started. (Again!) But then Jason’s phone rings, alerting him to a crime at J and J Antiques that will set in motion a day that the Odyssey gang will never forget.

Over the next several hours, Jason, Connie, Whit, and Jillian become entangled in a mystery that threatens the future of their beloved town and even the entire world. Could such a nice day really end in the start of war? Will Jason really have to sacrifice himself to prevent the death of thousands? Is anyone going to make it out of this day alive? And, as Connie asks with frustration, “Is anyone in this town really who they say they are?”

Adventures in Odyssey audio dramas release the imagination of both young and old as listeners follow a host of characters through adventures in the town of Odyssey. Geared toward kids ages 8 and up, these high-quality audio dramas teach biblical truths and moral foundations for children to make decisions from throughout their lives. They are perfect for car rides and initiating important conversations with kids.

Perhaps the sentence "is anyone going to make it out of this day alive" is a bit overdramatic, but this seems pretty serious. It has been theorized that this album will feature the return of the Chairman from Novacom, finally about to take revenge on the people of Odyssey. Which I would be in favor of if this was the case. :yes: \:D/

However, oddly enough, this summary was later removed (except the last paragraph) and then replaced with simply the following:
The clock is ticking toward an explosive showdown as the crew from Whit’s End race to solve a heart-pounding mystery in this special, six-part adventure 28 Hours.
That's a lot less information than the previous summary. The initial summary and its removal has prompted people to question its validity. I personally think that the previous summary, as over-dramatic as it may seem, is accurate but the Odyssey Team didn’t mean to release that much information about the album so soon, so they replaced with with a more general summary.

This album is scheduled to release on CD on October 4, 2022 and release in the Adventures in Odyssey Club in July this year.

So, what does everyone think? Any thoughts or theories? Let's discuss!
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I'd imagine that the album summary was shortened due to the mention of war, given the Ukraine/Russia conflict.
he/him | a little stinker.
Everett
Lurker
Post by Everett »

Recently on the official Podcast it was said that 'As Buck would have it" was written as part of this album's plot, before being separated later on. Kathy mentions a point where the plots converge is when Eugene would've had to choose between Buck and something else. it's possible this scene could have been rewritten with Jason instead, possibly the 'will Jason have to sacrifice himself' part.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

They should have Eugene sacrifice himself, you know, for real-world continuity...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just finished album 72, so now I can comment on this thread!

The description sounds pretty exciting and dramatic. I am curious what it will be about. The longer description sounds almost like a bit too much but hey, what do I know? ;)
Wod Fam Choc Sod
Not as new

Post by Wod Fam Choc Sod »

Jason... is going... to die... 😱😱😱
Read Odyssey's latest epic: The Checkmate Saga!!!
https://juliettederouledewrites.blogspo ... kmate.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie: (whispering) Oh, she looks beautiful, doesn't she?
Jason: (also whispering) Beautiful.
Connie: (tearfully) Everyone looks beautiful!
Jason: Yes, Connie, they're all beautiful.
Connie: Your dad. Oh... he looks great in that tuxedo. He's... oh... he's...
Jason: Beautiful.
Connie: (still fighting tears) Yeah. And Katrina in that dress...
Jason: She got her stitches out just in time.
Connie: (quavering) I think I'm gonna cry.
Jason: Here's my hankie.
Connie: *sniffs* Thank you.
Jason: I knew all along, by the way.
Connie: Well, good for you. Can I cry now, or are you gonna keep talking?
Jason: Have a good cry.
Connie: (sobbing) Thank you. *dramatic sobs* *blows nose*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Noooo! I will blame Wod Fam Choc Sod if this terrible thing happens. :noway: I love Jason. :inlove:
Wod Fam Choc Sod
Not as new

Post by Wod Fam Choc Sod »

Catspaw wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:30 pm Noooo! I will blame Wod Fam Choc Sod if this terrible thing happens. :noway: I love Jason. :inlove:
Wha...??? :shock: Not my fault! I will defend Jason with my life!!! :duel:
Read Odyssey's latest epic: The Checkmate Saga!!!
https://juliettederouledewrites.blogspo ... kmate.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie: (whispering) Oh, she looks beautiful, doesn't she?
Jason: (also whispering) Beautiful.
Connie: (tearfully) Everyone looks beautiful!
Jason: Yes, Connie, they're all beautiful.
Connie: Your dad. Oh... he looks great in that tuxedo. He's... oh... he's...
Jason: Beautiful.
Connie: (still fighting tears) Yeah. And Katrina in that dress...
Jason: She got her stitches out just in time.
Connie: (quavering) I think I'm gonna cry.
Jason: Here's my hankie.
Connie: *sniffs* Thank you.
Jason: I knew all along, by the way.
Connie: Well, good for you. Can I cry now, or are you gonna keep talking?
Jason: Have a good cry.
Connie: (sobbing) Thank you. *dramatic sobs* *blows nose*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wod Fam Choc Sod wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:21 pm
Catspaw wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:30 pm Noooo! I will blame Wod Fam Choc Sod if this terrible thing happens. :noway: I love Jason. :inlove:
Wha...??? :shock: Not my fault! I will defend Jason with my life!!! :duel:
No, I will defend Jason with my life! :x

....Oh wait, we're both defending him.... :anxious:

Hey there, new best friend! :yes:
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh my, that's quite dramatic! It gives off a bit less of a "kid-friendly" vibe than most album covers, which is interesting.
Everett
Lurker
Post by Everett »

Catspaw wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:03 pm Oh my, that's quite dramatic! It gives off a bit less of a "kid-friendly" vibe than most album covers, which is interesting.
Er, yeah, with you on that one. also, why does this look almost like the scene from a Jason/Connie fanfic? y'know the one if you've read it. As this is apparently all set in odyssey I'm guessing this cabin somewhere near forest mountain or trickle lake.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

nothing against gary locke as a person, but holy wow the odyssey art style does not translate well to "intense" scenes.
he/him | a little stinker.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

The titles for the episodes for this album were announced on the latest Official Podcast!
1. Morning
2. Afternoon
3. Evening
4. Dead of Night
5. Daybreak
6. Final Minutes
Stephen P
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by Stephen P »

That's really intriguing...wonder how this will work!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Definitely dramatic! Thanks for sharing, Peachey Keen. This sounds a bit different than anything we've had before.
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Yep, the latest Team Q and A edition of the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast was released, which contained some details about this upcoming album. Be sure to give it a listen. Writer of this album Kathy Buchanan stated, “The six shows span a course of 28 hours within Odyssey. So, from 7am on Monday to 11am the next day is where all six shows take place.”

The titles are definitely interesting; more so than merely “28 Hours, Part 1”, “28 Hours, Part 2”, and so on and so forth like albums 53 and 58 did. I’m glad that they all have names, since that will make it easier to keep track of what happens in each episode. When I listen to album 53, I can not distinguish between “The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 9” and “The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 10” because all the episode titles are the same except for the number at the end, which confuses me. The titles of 28 Hours don’t tell us much about the content of the episodes and are kind of like timestamps for us to know what hour each episode is at. It’s very creative and unique, and I like it!

I am unsure of what to think of the cover art. It looks intense. On a side note, people have speculated that the masked person on the cover art of the album is Jillian Marshall, the new controversial character whom people have speculated is a potential future love interest for Jason Whittaker. It would be interesting if that were who it was. I’ve also heard theories that this album is the Chairman returning, which I think is a possibility given the album summary, and would definitely be in favor of if this is the case. :yes:

Marshal Younger confirmed that this album releases in the AIO Club in July and then on the radio and online later this year. Looking forward to hearing this album! \:D/
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for sharing that info, Polehaus! I always wait for the CD album so I can listen easily in my car during my commute, even though I have the AIO Club, but this looks like something I might want to listen to in the club right away before I hear any spoilers!
Hope Grace
Lurker
Post by Hope Grace »

I really hope she's not a new love interest 😳

If they kill Jason I might be done with future Odyssey episodes 😥
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Do we have an update for when specifically in July this album will start being released? I'm guessing it will coincide with the Club relaunch in a few weeks, but just wondering if anybody knows for sure.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin