Thor: Love and Thunder

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Thor: Love and Thunder

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like Thor, and I really love Thor 3, so I'm looking forward to this movie! It looks like it should have a nice amount of humour. I'm curious to see where this story is going.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This definitely gives a bit more plot kind of stuff than the teaser trailer. Also a bit much other stuff. ;) I'm looking forward to this movie more than a lot of the other Marvel movies and shows. Thor 3 was really awesome so I hope this one matches or beats it!
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Did anybody go see this movie? Everything I've heard from trusted friends and reviewers has ranged from bad to mixed at best. I am pretty sure I've settled on waiting for it to be released digitally.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I went a couple of days ago. Without adding any spoilers, I would be in the "mixed feelings" category. I really enjoyed some parts that were fun/funny/sweet, and found some parts sadder than I anticipated. Maybe part of it was that I expected it to be more a rollicking adventure and less of a bummer in several aspects. I would say for older teens and up, if you really liked the other Thor movies, you'll want to see this as part of the story, and if you're worried about spoilers, you might want to see it in theatres because there are some surprises in store. However, I can't fully endorse all content (especially for younger viewers) and if you aren't a big fan or worried about seeing some stuff ahead of time, you could wait to watch it later.
The storyline with Jane resonated with me because I have a family member that I accompanied to many chemo appointments a few years ago and while my loved one is currently healthy (for which I am so thankful!) it really reminded me of those times. That's not all bad in the sense that I know many people know what that's like and a more realistic portrayal is maybe better than an airy-fairy-it-always-works-out-happily approach - but it wasn't what I anticipated when I decided to go see a Thor movie with fun and funny trailers. I found myself getting quite emotional about that storyline - so maybe that means it was a success?

The Gorr bad guy stuff wasn't quite my cup of tea either partly because it was so sad, and then the ending really didn't work for me. Not sure if there's some kind of source material this comes from or not, but the last scene with the kid going into battle and then revealing that she was the source of the subtitle Love and Thunder felt jarring and weird to me.

One highlight for me was the scene showcasing Thor and Jane's relationship. It was very sweet and the ABBA in the background was a nice touch.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Everyone I know hated it or at least wasn't thrilled with it. I more or less liked it. >_>

Not my favorite movie ever or favorite MCU movie ever or favorite Thor movie ever, but it was fun.