Easter Celebrations

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Easter Celebrations

Post by Bren »

Last night I had all kinds of people coming through my line spending insane amounts of money on easter candy. In once case, someone spent $15 on chocolate bunnies. It got me to thinking. Growing up, I was allowed to color easter eggs and get easter baskets. I even remember a picture or 2 with the easter bunny. But, as a christian, I was also made very aware that that isn't what easter is all about. It's about Christ's resurrection.

How do you celebrate easter? If you're a parent, how does you celebration as a kid differ from that of your child?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Wod Fam Choc Sod
Not as new

Post by Wod Fam Choc Sod »

This is so true. Today's society is so much forgetting the true meaning of important holidays! Thanksgiving is turkey, Christmas is Santa Claus, Easter is bunnies and candy... I'm not sure where we lost it but it's really sad 😕

In my family, we go to church Good Friday evening and Easter morning. Sometime during Easter week, usually Saturday evening, we watch the 1959 Ben-Hur film. We'll color Easter eggs and have an Easter egg hunt in the afternoon on Easter Sunday for the kids, and my parents always link this to the celebration of new life and spring as connected to the new life in Easter. We read the Easter story from the triumphal entry into Jerusalem to the Ascension of Christ and sing Easter songs... and our church takes Communion (as in the Lord's Supper).
Read Odyssey's latest epic: The Checkmate Saga!!!
https://juliettederouledewrites.blogspo ... kmate.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie: (whispering) Oh, she looks beautiful, doesn't she?
Jason: (also whispering) Beautiful.
Connie: (tearfully) Everyone looks beautiful!
Jason: Yes, Connie, they're all beautiful.
Connie: Your dad. Oh... he looks great in that tuxedo. He's... oh... he's...
Jason: Beautiful.
Connie: (still fighting tears) Yeah. And Katrina in that dress...
Jason: She got her stitches out just in time.
Connie: (quavering) I think I'm gonna cry.
Jason: Here's my hankie.
Connie: *sniffs* Thank you.
Jason: I knew all along, by the way.
Connie: Well, good for you. Can I cry now, or are you gonna keep talking?
Jason: Have a good cry.
Connie: (sobbing) Thank you. *dramatic sobs* *blows nose*
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

i work at a church so i celebrate easter by having my life being a living hell for the month leading up to easter.

actually though, this is my first easter when my kid is old enough to have fun on holidays so we got him some easter eggs and m&ms. we'll go over to my grandma's and eat smoked meats later today. personally i'm not super in touch with the religious side of holidays anymore- you can thank 7 years of christian college/working in churches for that little bit of burnout- so holidays for me have become more about spending time with my family/relaxing/eating smoked meats.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I went to church for a prayer service on Good Friday and a regular service on Easter Sunday. Our family celebration kind of happened over the following two weekends as different schedules allowed for people to be together. It was so fun to watch my little nieces enjoy both hiding and finding eggs! They were allowed to find more than they were allowed to eat. ;) Good times.