Dead Factions

let me iiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Dead Factions

Post by Steve »

hey! just a general question for anybody who knows the answer:

i've had pending requests to get into sbc: bad company and sbc: the campus for like 5 years now. i mainly want just because i'm nosy and bored and want to read all the old posts. i'm assuming the heads of these factions are long inactive, so i was curious if catspaw or another admin could let people into the factions? or remove inactive users as the faction admins so that i can get in and poke around?
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, admins 'can' do those things. Whether it's appropriate to do depends on the circumstances of each Faction's status.

Bad Company is led by EK, who is not inactive, so we wouldn't go over his head to admit people. If the leader is still around they should have control over membership as intended.
Steve

Post by Steve »

bookworm wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:23 am Yes, admins 'can' do those things. Whether it's appropriate to do depends on the circumstances of each Faction's status.

Bad Company is led by EK, who is not inactive, so we wouldn't go over his head to admit people. If the leader is still around they should have control over membership as intended.
gotcha! i didn't realike @EK was bad company's leader. for some reason i thought it was xaio.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

And you KNOW I’m not checking those requests.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think I've approved a few people over the years in factions that aren't super private that had an absentee leader. The level of interest in most of the "dead" factions is pretty low so it isn't usually an issue.

Just yesterday Laura let me know she had trouble as a faction group leader in approving a new member and it turned out that a setting was incorrect (not sure when/why/how that happened) so if any other group leaders have an issue, please let me know!
Steve

Post by Steve »

EK wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:22 pm And you KNOW I’m not checking those requests.
i respect that.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I think most factions are dead these days. Which is sad. But, if everyone was in factions, overall board activity would suffer.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Steve

Post by Steve »

Bren wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:53 amBut, if everyone was in factions, overall board activity would suffer.
fair! though, i don't necessarily want to post in them- just read.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I'm pretty sure that if you thought there was much to look at in bad company other than @Top making poop jokes, you'd probably be mistaken. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Steve

Post by Steve »

jelly wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:52 pm I'm pretty sure that if you thought there was much to look at in bad company other than @Top making poop jokes, you'd probably be mistaken. :(
maybe that's exactly what i want. 8-)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Not so much poop jokes as just posting "poop" once in a while.