Live Chat with Marshal Younger

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Live Chat with Marshal Younger

Post by Bren »

It's time for another Live Chat folks. It will happen on Tuesday, March 29th at 8 PM CST, and will feature Marshal Younger. Marshal has worked on Adventures in Odyssey for 30 years. During that time he has .
written and directed over 100 shows. He also lends his voice to Young Jack Allen and and Officer Stew Burke. He recently took on the role of showrunner for AIO as well.

The chat will take place in our dedicated IRC chat channel, #bchat. For roughly an hour you will get to ask Marshal your hard hitting questions in a relaxed environment.

Time Zone Conversion:
Pacific: 6 PM
Mountain: 7 PM
Central: 8 PM
Eastern: 9 PM

We ask that when you join that you are respectful of Marshal's time and don't bombard him with questions all at once. We realize this time might not be ideal for everyone. So, if you have a question you would like to submit, you can post it below. Most importantly, enjoy yourself.

We look forward to seeing you Tuesday, March 29th at 8 PM CST.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

It'll be a bit late for me, but this is great! Hope everyone can come.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's awesome! Marshal Younger has written so many great episodes. Thanks for planning this event, Bren! :D
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I'm just glad everyone is enjoying them.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Great turnout tonight for a very informative event!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I was really thrilled with how well everything went tonight. We learned a lot of details about the future of the show.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Here is the transcript:
20:51 Marshal joined #bchat
20:51 <J>: Aloha!
20:51 LauraIngalls joined #bchat
20:51 <baysimp>: Greetings and salutations!
20:51 <snubs>: Hey, Laura!
20:52 <LauraIngalls>: Hey!
20:52 <Marshal>: Hello. Have we started already? I was just coming in early to make sure I could get on.
20:52 <J>: People tend to like to get here early, to get good seats. ;-)
20:52 <LauraIngalls>: That's what I was doing too!
20:52 <Marshal>: LOL. Exactly.
20:52 <Bren>: No sir, @Marshal. We've got about 10 minutes or so
20:52 <Marshal>: Don't get too close, I tend to spit when I talk.
20:53 <snubs>: xD
20:53 Bren hands @Marshal a mask
20:53 <Marshal>: Thanks! That'll help.
20:53 TDP joined #bchat
20:53 <TDP>: Hello
20:53 <Bren>: Good evening TDP
20:53 <baysimp>: hey TDP
20:54 <Bren>: we will be starting in about 7 minutes
20:54 <Nini>: Hello, everyone!
20:54 bookworm joined #bchat
20:54 Riley joined #bchat
20:54 <Riley>: Am I early?
20:54 <J>: Just a bit, but the pre-period is good for warming up.
20:54 <J>: It's better to be early than late!
20:54 <Riley>: True true. I’ll be right back
20:55 <Marshal>: How many people do you usually get for these?
20:55 <J>: The last one, with Chad Reisser, had probably no more than 10 active people at a given time. But because that broke the ice, and because of your position with the show, this one may have more of a crowd.
20:56 <TDP>: Hello sir!
20:56 <Marshal>: Chad Reisser is a superstar. That should've sold out.
20:56 <J>: Everyone should have a chance to look at the log afterwards, though. I think smaller groups can be good for more intimate conversations.
20:56 <LauraIngalls>: We had a bunch for Nathan Hoobler, but that was many years ago when the board was more active
20:56 <Riley>: It’s the man himself. 😎
20:57 DrWatson joined #bchat
20:57 <J>: If this was done more, it'd probably be a more popular event, but we have to work up to that.
20:57 <Bren>: I'm kinda of curious where everyone read about this chat. I have tried to promote it all over the place
20:57 <Riley>: I’ve seen it different places
20:57 Moviemanev joined #bchat
20:57 <Nini>: Welcome, everyone!
20:58 <Bren>: Would be interesting if anyone came from my Instagram promotion
20:58 <DrWatson>: I saw it on the front banner of the ToO
20:58 Aiorocks101 joined #bchat
21:00 <Bren>: Thanks to all of you for joining this second Live Chat, which is a part of the birthday week celebration for thetoo.com. We're delighted to have Marshal here as our guest of honor. We had a great conversation during the last chat with Chad Reisser, and we expect no less for this evening.
21:00 <Marshal>: Thanks for having me.
21:01 <DrWatson>: Welcome!
21:01 <Bren>: In terms of basic rules, let's be remember not to overwhelm Marshal with multiple questions at once. While this is a great time to chat with someone directly tied to present day AIO, let's conduct this conversation in an orderly fashion
21:01 <Aiorocks101>: Thaks for coming Marshal1
21:01 <Marshal>: If I feel overwhelmed, I'll use my safe word: AHHHHHHH!
21:02 <Bren>: To start us off, Marshal has wore many hats since joining the show 30 years ago. He's been a writer, director, producer, and even the voice for young Jack Allen. He recently took on the role of showrunner. Can you explain what all that entails?
21:02 <Marshal>: The showrunner is in charge of the overall direction of the program.
21:02 <Marshal>: I work with all of the writers on their stories
21:02 <Aiorocks101>: how is showrunner different than executive producer?
21:03 <Marshal>: Executive Producer meets with important people who don't know my name to talk about the brand of Odyssey,. Dave also reads through all the scripts and has final say. He's my boss.
21:03 <Marshal>: I have more to do with the shaping of storylines.
21:04 <snubs>: Oooooo that sounds like a big, but fun, job
21:04 <Aiorocks101>: oh, ok
21:04 <LauraIngalls>: What is your favorite era of the show?
21:04 <Marshal>: I'm pretty busy, but it helps that I work with incredible writers.
21:04 <Marshal>: I think Novacom was my favorite era.
21:05 <Marshal>: I loved the team then too,
21:05 <LauraIngalls>: That's fun! I have great memories of listening at that time!
21:05 <DrWatson>: Novacom was great!
21:06 <DrWatson>: Are episode arcs (like Novacom etc) hard to write from a plot continuity standpoint?
21:06 <Marshal>: On staff as writers at that time was me, Nathan, John Fornof, Kathy, and that was fun being in the same room with them all the time.
21:06 <Riley>: Is there anything you tell us about 28 Hours? 🤔
21:06 <Marshal>: 28 Hours is a six-part episode written by Kathy. And it's going to blow your mind.
21:06 <Aiorocks101>: Yeah!
21:06 <baysimp>: Awesome!
21:06 Keet joined #bchat
21:07 <Bren>: Thank you @Riley. That question is near the top of my mental list of questions
21:07 Guest6712 joined #bchat
21:07 <Marshal>: Arcs are very hard when they involve more than one person. It's hard getting everyone on the same page with the plot.
21:07 <Riley>: Is 28 Hours album 73?
21:07 <Marshal>: Yes. 73.
21:08 <Marshal>: On the Club in July, I think.
21:08 <Marshal>: Kathy outdid herself on 28 Hours. I didn't know she had it in her.
21:08 <DrWatson>: Who has been your favorite character to write, and who has been among your favorite voice actors to work with?
21:09 <Riley>: Have decisions been made about what to do with the character of Eugene? I know this is a big question in the community.
21:09 Kotlclvr13 joined #bchat
21:09 <Marshal>: We discussed what we're going to do with Eugene in the February meetings. And we made a definite decision, but I really can't say much more than that,
21:10 <Marshal>: We considered all possibilities, and there are no good answers.
21:10 <Riley>: Would you say we’ll know an answer relatively soon?
21:10 <Guest6712>: I just wanted to say stellar job on the Olivia arc, @Marshal! Those are some of the best AIO episodes ever.
21:10 <Marshal>: I'll tell you right now, you probably won't be satisifed with anything we do about Eugene, because what we really want is Will. And we can't have that.
21:11 <Kotlclvr13>: That’s true
21:11 <Kotlclvr13>: Must be a hard decision
21:11 <Marshal>: Thanks, Guest6712! That storyline was close to my heart.
21:11 AidanJWengel joined #bchat
21:11 <Bren>: I'm very curious to see which route you guys decided to go with the Eugene character. I'm personally of the unpopular camp to kill him off
21:11 <Kotlclvr13>: Nooo 🥲
21:12 <Guest6712>: What does your day to day job look like as showrunner?
21:12 <J>: As far as the Olivia arc goes, I'd like to agree; it was phenomenal. I've always appreciated Kelly Stables' acting and thought she'd do great in a meaty role, and it was perfect pitch.
21:12 <Marshal>: That came up, and there were people on your team in your camp, Bren. Not going to say if we're going that way, but I will say that much.
21:12 <Riley>: I’m in that same camp. But at the same time As Buck Would Have It left me kind of wanting more of the character at the same time.
21:12 Sam joined #bchat
21:12 <Marshal>: Kelly was amazing.
21:12 <Kotlclvr13>: Is there a certain order for questions or may I jump in when I have one?
21:12 <J>: Kotl - just try not to overwhelm Marshal and we should be good. One or two questions at a time is probably okay.
21:12 AidanJWengel quit
21:12 <Marshal>: My day as a showrunner?
21:13 <Riley>: I repeated myself
21:13 <Aiorocks101>: Can you please bring Whit back to the forefront of the show? Last several years, he is only in one or two episodes in an album, sometimes only a few in the club also. In my opinion, he's been really underused. I'd love to see him go back to being in the majority of episodes. Sometimes the show doesn't feel like Odyssey lately, when we go for long periods without hearing Whit.
21:13 Sam quit
21:13 <snubs>: It's a tough spot all the way around. We all want Will. <3 But I know whatever the decision is, it will be with the show's best interest at heart. So I support whatever comes to be.
21:13 <Marshal>: Well, today, I did some polish on a script by Abby Geiger, then I made notes on a Phil outline. I listened to auditions for a new character, and I went to a meeting about the website.
21:13 <J>: Aiorocks - some of us might disagree with that. ;) I've thought the show could stand to be more Connie-centered.
21:14 Bowhunt joined #bchat
21:14 <TDP>: What are the differences in the process of the plot construction of a single Odyssey show/2-part show compared to other radio plays or screen plays? I noticed many very early episodes had two acts, with Chris breaking the two up. Other radio shows have very different styles.
21:14 <J>: (I suspect the writers face these debates all the time.)
21:14 <Marshal>: As far as Whit is concerned, he is definitely the most prominent character in shows coming up.
21:14 <Aiorocks101>: Good!
21:14 <Bren>: What we will all want is Will. But, I don't think anyone can pull off the character correctly. And if they move away, that kind of means losing Buck
21:15 <Marshal>: As long as I've been on the show, we've had three acts, with two commercial breaks.
21:15 <Riley>: What is an old character you want to bring back, but haven’t found the right opportunity?
21:15 Bowhunt quit
21:15 <Moviemanev>: Bren people thought the same of Whit, but we've had great Whits.
21:15 <Kotlclvr13>: I’ve got a question, if it’s ok: is there an episode—specifically an older one—that really meant a lot to you when you put it together?
21:15 <Marshal>: So many have of the old characters I would like to hear from are no longer available.
21:15 Kotlclvr13 quit
21:16 <DrWatson>: Hank Murray needs to return
21:16 <Marshal>: I listened to "Stubborn Streaks" the other day, and missed Bernard, Bart and Jack. And I realized all of those actors are dead. So sad.
21:16 Danielroth joined #bchat
21:16 <Marshal>: "A Lesson From Mike" meant a lot to me. I had an experience that was similar.
21:17 Kotlclvr13 joined #bchat
21:17 <snubs>: I miss all of them. Especially Jack Allen. <3
21:17 <J>: (Sadly, Charles Knox Robinson, the actor for Hank Murray, passed away a few years back too.)
21:17 <DrWatson>: Aw no, I didn't know that :(
21:17 <Marshal>: You're right, J.
21:17 <Riley>: Will we hear more from Ed Washington? That little bit in The Toy left me wanting more. I know the actress who played Elaine passed, but I think he’s a great character.
21:17 <Kotlclvr13>: Oh no I disconnected lol was my questioned answered while I was gone? 😅
21:18 <J>: It was; it should be in the log.
21:18 <Marshal>: I'd like to hear from Ed Washington again. I loved him.
21:18 <Aiorocks101>: Would love to hear more Ed!
21:18 <Kotlclvr13>: yesss the Washingtons
21:18 <baysimp>: Grady McKay is probably my favorite character, and I noticed you wrote a major portion of his episodes. Where did his character inspiration come from?
21:18 <Bren>: Do you have any insight into when the new club experience will be released or is that still up in the air?
21:18 <LauraIngalls>: Time has gone by so fast, so many good actors from the old days are passing away :(
21:18 <Marshal>: Actually, Torry Martin created Grady. I wrote a lot for him because I loved his dynamic with Wooton.
21:18 <Marshal>: That was my favorite Wooton era,
21:19 <Kotlclvr13>: How do you feel Odyssey has changed since the relaunch and what are your thoughts on those changes?
21:19 AidanJWengel joined #bchat
21:19 <Marshal>: The new Club Experience keeps getting pushed back for various reasons. We're hoping within the month, but don't quote me on that.
21:19 <snubs>: I think that was my favorite Wooton era too.
21:20 <Bren>: Lets dial back the questions just a smidge so this isn't so rapid fire
21:20 <Marshal>: The relaunch. Do you mean from 2010 until now, how has it changed?
21:20 <Kotlclvr13>: Yep
21:20 <Kotlclvr13>: oh wait
21:20 <Kotlclvr13>: like from from before 2010 to after I guess
21:20 <Kotlclvr13>: if that makes sense lol
21:20 <Riley>: Do you think we’ll hear more from Becky Riley-Clemons and The Timothy Center in the future?
21:20 <Marshal>: I'm not sure. I wasn't very active between 2010-2016 or so.
21:20 <Kotlclvr13>: like, 80s-00s vs. 10s-20s
21:22 <Marshal>: Oh. The difference between now and way back when is the style. Longer scenes back then. Simpler stories. Maybe a little younger. I honestly don't think we could get away with some of the stories they did back then, because they are slower and today's audience wants something different than that, in most cases.
21:22 <Kotlclvr13>: Ah, ya I can see that.
21:22 <Marshal>: No plans right now for Becky or the TC.
21:22 <J>: This ties in a little bit to the Washington question - I think the notion of buildings with identical floor plans is fascinating. We have a lot of episodes about Whit's End as a building. Are we likely to see Whit's End Connellsville, or the Tate House, any time in the foreseeable future?
21:23 <snubs>: Yeah, kids like much more fast pace
21:23 <Kotlclvr13>: oooh that’d be cool
21:23 <Marshal>: I would love to go back to WE Connellsville, if only to see Ed. The Tate House? Probably not.
21:23 <Kotlclvr13>: ooh that’d be a good episode
21:24 <Marshal>: There's some stuff happening with Whit's End though that'll be very cool.
21:24 <Riley>: I personally think Whit’s End Connellsville presents its own story opportunities. They have a different staff and different kids. The dynamic would be different
21:24 <Marshal>: I agree.
21:24 <Kotlclvr13>: what’s your favourite episode that you didn’t play a big part in creating?
21:24 <Marshal>: Mortal Coil, It Happened at Four Corners, For Better or For Worse, The Time Has Come...
21:25 <Marshal>: All classics, in my opinion.
21:25 <Kotlclvr13>: Ooh ya
21:25 <Bren>: Sounds fun. Whit's End is so special. Paul McCusker once described it as Snoopys doghouse
21:25 <Moviemanev>: Mortal Coil 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
21:25 <Keet>: Do you prefer serious episodes over funny/entertaining ones?
21:25 <ASmouseInTheHouse>: I heard It Happened at Four Corners recently, for the first time in a long time, and really enjoyed it.
21:25 <Marshal>: That phrase was used yesterday in a meeting--"Snoopy's Doghouse!"
21:25 <snubs>: all of those are fan favorites!
21:26 <Aiorocks101>: Love to hear cool stuff coming with Whits End!
21:26 <Aiorocks101>: Are you going to release an updated Official Guide for the 35th anniversary?
21:27 <Marshal>: No. We don't have much planned for the 35th, but I just pitched something HUGE for the 1000th episode. Can't say, though... Sorry.
21:27 <Aiorocks101>: Cool!
21:27 <snubs>: You all gotta celebrate that milestone somehow! So that's cool to hear!
21:27 <snubs>: I'm just waiting for another live show.
21:27 <Kotlclvr13>: Are there any newer episodes that you wish you could’ve done differently or not at all?
21:27 <Marshal>: I always wish I had done episodes differently.
21:28 <Kotlclvr13>: Oh wow haha, in what way usually?
21:28 <LauraIngalls>: What number episode are you at now? I'm out of touch with the brand new ones.
21:28 <Kotlclvr13>: Writing? Storyline? Character choice?
21:29 OdysseyFan joined #bchat
21:29 <Marshal>: When I listen to a show I wrote/directed, there are always a dozen or more things I wish I had written differently or directed differently. Like better jokes, different takes from actors...
21:29 <baysimp>: (aiowiki says the newest club exclusive will be #937.)
21:29 <Marshal>: I'm not sure what number we're on. But 1,000 should be recorded in the summer 2024.
21:29 <Kotlclvr13>: Ahh, ya. Little nit-picky things that other people wouldn’t probably notice but drive you crazy 😅
21:30 <Marshal>: Exactly!
21:30 <Marshal>: I mentioned a few of these in the "Olivia" podcast.
21:30 <Kotlclvr13>: They’re definitely annoying 😂
21:30 <Guest6712>: What's the most impacting lesson that you've learned from working on AIO?
21:30 <Aiorocks101>: Are you able to bring Corey Burton back? Or does he not want to do the show?
21:31 <Kotlclvr13>: Corey Burton!!
21:31 <Marshal>: One of the best lessons I've learned is how God can use story to impact lives. I'm always amazed.
21:32 <Marshal>: I asked about Corey recently. I know he was unable to do the show for a long time, But I would love to have him back.
21:32 <DrWatson>: I just heard Corey Burton watching Star Wars and I thought of him on Odyssey haha
21:32 <baysimp>: How did you come up with the name 'Leonid Sepinov' for Olivia's imaginary philosopher?
21:32 <Bren>: Will we see any stories showing the dynamic of Morrie and Suzu at Whit's house? We haven't seen Whit in that light since Novacom with Tony and Breanna.
21:32 <Marshal>: Leonid came out of looking for Russian first names and completely making up the last name. I didn't want it to be a real person.
21:32 <Marshal>: It had to have a "V" in it.
21:32 <Kotlclvr13>: Aww I listened to Chains today lol
21:32 <ASmouseInTheHouse>: Bren, that is a question I didn't know I wanted to have answered, but now I do. XD
21:33 <snubs>: Bring Corey back!! I would love that.
21:33 <baysimp>: ditto what ASmouseInTheHouse said
21:33 <Marshal>: Yes, Phil is writing a story right now about Morrie and Suzu interacting with Whit, some at the house.
21:34 <Aiorocks101>: Nice!
21:34 <ASmouseInTheHouse>: I look forward to hearing it!
21:34 <Marshal>: Should be in album 74.
21:34 <Bren>: Granted, not everone agrees with the direction that story took, but I think it is something interesting to explore
21:34 <Riley>: Is Jillian the Chairman? 😅
21:35 <Riley>: 😂
21:35 <Kotlclvr13>: yesss Riley 😂
21:35 <Marshal>: Did the Chairman sound like Jillian?
21:35 <baysimp>: :')
21:35 <snubs>: oh my, you guys. xD I don't think so
21:35 <Riley>: She’s the assistant to The Chairman
21:35 <Kotlclvr13>: ya she’s his gopher
21:35 <Riley>: I just need her to be bad 😂
21:35 <Kotlclvr13>: yess 😂
21:35 <TDP>: When will Antiqueshipping (JasonxJillian) become a reality? /s
21:35 <J>: This is a bit of a spoiler, but I was very impressed with the moment where 'Leonid' loses the accent. I know it's probably a bit risky to really dig into these spiritual issues, but as someone who struggles with a lot of things, it hit the spot for me.
21:36 <Marshal>: It was a moment I really lobbied for, J. I wanted the voice to change, but not sound cheesy. Mike Shapiro and Jonathan Crowe did a nice job with that.
21:36 <baysimp>: That was impressive.
21:36 <ASmouseInTheHouse>: It was amazing. When I first heard it, I got chills.
21:36 <TDP>: yes!
21:36 <Aiorocks101>: I loved that part!
21:37 <Kotlclvr13>: Are there any plans for Jason romantically?
21:37 <Aiorocks101>: please not with Jillian!
21:37 <Kotlclvr13>: ditto
21:37 <Marshal>: We have discussed Jason and his romantic future. That's all I'll say.
21:37 <baysimp>: Monica! please!
21:37 <Bren>: The Olivia arc had so many powerful scenes
21:37 <TDP>: yes it did
21:37 <snubs>: Not AIO related, but any new developments/news with Jabota Bridge?
21:38 <TDP>: The ending with Whit and Olivia (And Connie and Olivia too)
21:38 <AidanJWengel>: I am still a Monica/Jason fan, though I know it won’t
21:38 <Marshal>: Thanks, so much credit goes to the actors, especially Kelly Stables.
21:38 <Aiorocks101>: Are you going to recast Wyatt? I'm really enjoying him and the Perkins, but would be sad to hear him get recast like others, since I know his voice is changing.
21:38 <Marshal>: I just wrote another outline for the next 5 episodes of Jabota Bridge. And so has Kathy.
21:38 <Kotlclvr13>: ya same lol. A Monica-Jason relationship could explore redemption and second chances—much like Richard Maxwell.
21:39 <Marshal>: Yes, Tucker is, unfortunately, growing up.
21:39 <Bren>: Leonid manifesting as Satan was powerful. As was the episode where Zoey was fasting
21:39 <Bren>: It showed how important Olivias soul was
21:39 <Guest6712>: I'm looking forward to new episodes of Jabota Bridge. Very impactful stuff!
21:39 <Marshal>: Abby G. wrote the fasting episode. Great writing!
21:39 <snubs>: Oh, awesome! I'm excited for it! I love what you all are doing with that.
21:40 <OdysseyFan>: Hi Marshal, long time. Hope the Family is well.
21:40 <Marshal>: Hey, Dan.
21:40 <Marshal>: The family is great!
21:40 <TDP>: Why was it not possible to recast the kids back in the day, and why do you do that now?
21:40 Riley quit
21:40 <OdysseyFan>: How is it now that we are back to like 20 years ago with you and Kathy and Phil
21:41 <OdysseyFan>: Doing the bulk of the writing again
21:41 <Marshal>: That's a good question, TDP. I'm not sure why it wasnt an option back then. Today, I know an audience is looking for continuity, so we try to give them the same characters.
21:41 <Marshal>: The writing staff is still great, and it is so helpful to have people who know the show and the characters so well.
21:41 <Aiorocks101>: No chance to let Wyatt get older like Jimmy?
21:42 <Kotlclvr13>: I know it’s probably not possible but updates on the old characters would be really interesting and nostalgic 😅
21:42 <Marshal>: Not sure if Wyatt's personality would work being older.
21:42 <Marshal>: Watch out for some stuff in social media if you miss some of the old characters.
21:42 <Kotlclvr13>: oooh
21:43 <Aiorocks101>: I like the pictures that the FB page has been posting!
21:43 <TDP>: Yeah. We've only met Wyatt-- we had years of development with Jimmy. But we've also had that with Matthew, too.
21:43 <Marshal>: Yes, we have a new social media guru on staff and he's doing a great job!
21:43 <TDP>: Yes, it is amazing!
21:43 <Aiorocks101>: Yes he is!
21:44 <snubs>: He is doing a great job.
21:44 <AidanJWengel>: I’ve been enjoying seeing the posts
21:44 <Bren>: Will any of these images be used for repacks or are they just for fun?
21:45 Riley joined #bchat
21:45 <Marshal>: No plans to do any repackaging right now.
21:45 <J>: I haven't mentioned this up until now because I think these conversations should be as positive and upbeat as possible, but this has hovered over the show for the last couple of years, and given that you're one of the bosses, it makes sense to talk about it, at least one time.
21:45 <J>: We all know the Emily/Morrie/Suzu episodes have been extremely controversial. To be honest, I quit listening to the show for several months; I won't say 'that plotline caused it', but it didn't help. (The Olivia arc drew me back.) There are a lot of other fans, too, who have offered critical feedback. We don't feel that our concerns have been satisfactorily addressed up to this point.
21:45 <J>: It is what it is, and there's still time to try to sort things out. I am curious, though, about the AIO team's response. Previously, when a character or plotline was bashed to this extent, the team tended to change course. David Harley and the 2000 season both come to mind. In this case, though, it seems more like y'all are doubling down. Why is that?
21:46 <Kotlclvr13>: ooh deep
21:46 <Riley>: I came back at the right time
21:46 <Aiorocks101>: I agree
21:46 <Marshal>: We talked at length at the writer's meeting in February about a plan for Morrie and Suzu. For some, the damage is done and I don't know if any answer we give is going to satisfy, but we are planning on addressing some of those questions.
21:46 <Aiorocks101>: Would you consider increasing the number of episodes released per year? I know Phil Lollar has said he would like to go back to that, and you mentioned recently that there are more listeners now than ever before.
21:47 <Guest6712>: Any plans on doing more FOTF Radio Theatre dramas in the near future?
21:48 <Marshal>: I would love to do more episodes per year, but that is a decision above my pay grade. It's a budget question. Years ago, research was done that showed that putting out thre albums a year didn't sell any better than 2. It's different today with the Club, but that was the reasoning back then.
21:48 <Kotlclvr13>: How come they cut the albums in half?
21:48 <Aiorocks101>: thats sad
21:49 <Marshal>: Radio Theater is brought up a lot. No immediate plans, but I wouldn't be surprised if we bring it back at some point.
21:49 <Aiorocks101>: Maybe do 9 episodes in an album and increase the price
21:49 <Riley>: Will we ever see another Adventures in Odyssey cartoon/live action tv show or movie
21:49 <OdysseyFan>: More audio books like of the classic aio novels would be cool
21:49 <Marshal>: We do 24 shows a year, and 12 of them are Club-exclusive, so if we still did 12-episode albums, we would only be putting out one product a year. That's why they cut them in half.
21:50 <Marshal>: Animated programs are brought up as well.
21:50 <Bren>: If they added a third 6 episode album, thats 30 episodes a year. Which is a lot for anybody
21:51 <ASmouseInTheHouse>: Jay has been a favorite character of many AIO fans. I really enjoy hearing episodes where we get to see Jay's other sides, such as "Mistaken for Good." Are there any plans to explore the character of Jay further than him being comic relief and annoying Zoe?
21:51 <Moviemanev>: I think you mean "slowly endearing himself to Zoe"
21:51 <OdysseyFan>: Any thoughts on dramatizing the young whit books? Like they started to do with Passages? Or finishing passages for that matter?
21:51 <Marshal>: We will see a little bit of Jay's home life in a show coming up in the Club soon.
21:51 <Kotlclvr13>: what made you decide to put out club episodes as opposed to more episodes that are available to any fan?
21:52 <Aiorocks101>: Please stop having Jay stalk Zoe. Its not funny anymore and really creepy. lots of people concerned about this
21:52 <Marshal>: I haven't heard of any plans to dramatize the YW books. But you're right, we should.
21:52 <snubs>: TOTALLY SHOULD!
21:52 <baysimp>: I second what aiorocks said.
21:52 <snubs>: But I realize that takes funding. I would donate for that.
21:53 <Aiorocks101>: Would like an episode where Jay gets in trouble for it and Whit has a long talk with him
21:53 Riley quit
21:53 <baysimp>: YES!
21:53 <Bren>: Will Kidsboro ever resurface with new audio stories?
21:53 <Marshal>: Personally, I think "stalking" is a bit harsh. Maybe I'm not being sensitive enough. But I actually think Zoe likes it.
21:54 <Moviemanev>: Agree
21:54 <Marshal>: I doubt there will be any more Kidsboro stories. It never really fit with the world of Odyssey.
21:54 <OdysseyFan>: Kidsboro LCD crossover.... Hmmm
21:54 <bookworm>: Do you have any information about the availability of Eugene Sings? The other day at the Will Ryan celebration multiple people expressed sadness that it's not in the Club streaming library.
21:54 <Kotlclvr13>: Oooh yesss
21:54 <baysimp>: ooo yes!
21:55 <Marshal>: I don't really know anything about "Eugene Sings". I didn't realize it wasn't in the Club.
21:55 <bookworm>: I didn't either until it was brought up
21:55 <snubs>: you should find out for us. ;)
21:55 <Marshal>: I'll look into it.
21:56 <J>: I think they said there are licensing issues that kept it from being streamed before.
21:56 <Bren>: I always assumed the issue with Eugene Sings is who owns the rights to it
21:56 <J>: Presumably because it was made back when compact discs were current.
21:56 <Marshal>: It may be something like that.
21:56 <ASmouseInTheHouse>: That's what I've heard as well.
21:56 <bookworm>: It may be, but no one seems to know for sure
21:56 <bookworm>: Would be nice for someone to look into it
21:56 <Aiorocks101>: Will we here more about Valerie after "Take Every Thought Captive"? Was confused when she didn't have any change after that
21:57 <LauraIngalls>: Hey, I'm still a CD fan, don't say they aren't current anymore. '=D
21:57 <Marshal>: If I recall, I don't think any of the stories pitched at the Writer's Meeting included Valerie.
21:57 <J>: Well, my Chromebook doesn't have a player. When I say 'current', I mean 'the computers I regularly use don't support it'. ;)
21:57 snubs high-fives LauraIngalls
21:57 <snubs>: Same! I own all the AIO cds
21:58 <DrWatson>: *petition for re-release on cassettes*
21:58 <Aiorocks101>: lol
21:58 <snubs>: xD
21:58 <Marshal>: Cassettes??
21:58 <snubs>: hahaha
21:58 <J>: Are there any plans in the foreseeable future to sell or release some Club episodes outside of the Club?
21:58 <Kotlclvr13>: Yess the cassettes!!
21:58 <LauraIngalls>: I know, I am not happy about that. How can I play my CD collection when nobody makes players anymore?
21:58 <DrWatson>: That's what I grew up on haha
21:58 Marshal quit
21:58 <J>: I guess not. ;)
21:58 <baysimp>: I still use the cassettes I have because my CD player is glitchy.
21:58 Marshal joined #bchat
21:58 AidanJWengel quit
21:58 <bookworm>: Cassettes? Don't be silly. We need AiO on vinyl!
21:58 <Moviemanev>: Hey, new Albums on vinyl are collectors items. Olivia Arc on Cassette!
21:58 <snubs>: what about 8-track tapes?
21:59 <snubs>: xD
21:59 <Guest6712>: YES for AIO vinyl!
21:59 <DrWatson>: I have strong nostlagic attachement to the cassette album "The Other Side of Town"
21:59 <Marshal>: I'm sorry, my computer cut out and I'm not seeing the old questions. Someone had a question I didn't answer.
21:59 <J>: "Are there any plans in the foreseeable future to sell or release some Club episodes outside of the Club?"
21:59 <Bren>: bookworm has a point
21:59 <Kotlclvr13>: What spurred the idea for club exclusive episodes anyway?
21:59 <snubs>: Ooooo that would be so rad
21:59 <baysimp>: Whatever happened to that table they used to cut and splice the 8-track tapes? It should be in the Smithsonian!
21:59 <Marshal>: Oh, yes. We talk about doing special releases of Club episodes, but right now, there are no plans to release all of the Club episodes to the general public.
22:00 <Marshal>: We wanted the Club to be special. To have exclusive content that would make people want to be in it and stay in it.
22:00 <snubs>: they gotta have something exclusive to club members.
22:00 <Aiorocks101>: Any Imagination Station shows coming?
22:01 <DrWatson>: Split-Episodes--yay or nay?
22:01 <Kotlclvr13>: I’m not hugely agains the club episodes, but I don’t really like when there are club episodes that explore the history and character of Mr. Whittaker. It kinda robs non-club fans of that aspect of his being you know?
22:01 <Marshal>: IS episodes, yes. And two historical episodes. And a couple of Bible ones.
22:02 <Aiorocks101>: Nice!
22:02 <Marshal>: I think split episodes were a great experiment, but didn't leave enough time for character development.
22:02 <Kotlclvr13>: Ya that’s true
22:02 <J>: @Kotl - I think of it as being like someone's acquaintance vs. their friend. If you know someone a little, you get the gist and highlights of their life, but may miss a lot of the details.
22:02 <J>: If you want to get in depth, you have to get closer. In this case, that involves spending more money. ;)
22:02 Jodi joined #bchat
22:02 Polehaus53 joined #bchat
22:03 <Kotlclvr13>: But often it’s the “closest friends” that have all the CDs and therefore don’t need to buy the club lolll 😅
22:03 <Marshal>: We try not to have Club episodes that further character development too much.
22:03 <J>: Our family probably gave more money in Club subscriptions than we ever did paying for albums, for what it's worth.
22:03 <J>: If you don't already have a huge collection, and if you like Clubhouse magazine, it's a great deal, anyway.
22:03 <Marshal>: Thanks for being a loyal fan!
22:03 Keet quit
22:03 <Kotlclvr13>: I can’t get clubhouse 🥲
22:04 <Kotlclvr13>: Ya, we’ve already got tons on CD lol so we’re still debating on the club stuff
22:04 TDP quit
22:04 <OdysseyFan>: I like Clubhouse and as an avid collector I still go back through past issues to look at things
22:05 <LauraIngalls>: I need to subscribe at some point so I can catch up. I haven't listened to the new episodes in like....6 years.
22:05 <baysimp>: It may be worth getting for early access/ease of avoiding spoilers.
22:05 <J>: I like it a lot myself. I'd love to have more back issues than I do. I haven't been an active Club member for a while, and the magazine is one of the things I miss.
22:05 <Kotlclvr13>: Ooh there’s another question: any plans on making clubhouse available outside the states?
22:05 DoctorB joined #bchat
22:05 <Kotlclvr13>: like as part of the club subscription
22:06 Danielroth left #bchat
22:06 <Bren>: With my small apartment, my ability to store albums is an issue. So, the club is a godsend in that regard.
22:06 <Marshal>: I don't really have anything to do with Clubhouse. You're talking about the magazine, right?
22:06 <Kotlclvr13>: yep
22:06 <Kotlclvr13>: okk
22:07 <Marshal>: Are we getting tired?
22:07 <Kotlclvr13>: I’ve got another question: do you remember the Mysteries in Odyssey novels?
22:07 <Marshal>: Yes, I wrote one of them.
22:07 DoctorB quit
22:07 <J>: If you've got time, we've got time. ;-) It is a little longer than an hour, so some may be a little concerned about the time limit.
22:07 Danielroth joined #bchat
22:07 Bren has unlimited coffee at his disposal
22:07 <Marshal>: I'm good if people still have questions.
22:08 <Aiorocks101>: I'm game
22:08 <snubs>: That means if you all have any questions, you better ask 'em!
22:08 <Kotlclvr13>: Okk cuz I absolutely loved them when I was little and recently got ahold of my own copies but no one seems to remember them 😅
22:08 <baysimp>: Do you enjoy voicing characters, when you get to do so? And do you ever deliberately write in speaking roles for yourself?
22:08 <Marshal>: There were originally supposed to be three books, but only two of them were published.
22:08 <snubs>: I own them! @Kotlclvr
22:08 <Bren>: Unfortunately, I could never find those books
22:08 <Kotlclvr13>: yesss!
22:08 <LauraIngalls>: I have those!
22:09 <OdysseyFan>: I have asked before I think they did talk about digitizing past issues for the club
22:09 <Kotlclvr13>: okk good I’m not alone!!
22:09 <Polehaus53>: @Marshal what do you enjoy most about your job and why?
22:09 <Marshal>: I enjoy acting, but I don't think I'm that good at it. Kathy wrote a pretty major part for me in "28 Hours", and I felt like an idiot next to Phil Proctor, who has been acting in audio drama for 60 years!
22:09 <J>: Do you remember the current status of the Harlequin Theatre? That is, is Edwin still in town (even though he's not an active character)? I seemed to remember hearing that it got sold again, but I don't remember the episode, and I'm not sure if it's really a thing or just my imagination.
22:10 <Aiorocks101>: Can't wait to hear you back as Stew!
22:10 <Marshal>: My favorite part of the job, honestly, is this. Interacting with fans.
22:10 <snubs>: Awww, I'd feel the same, haha xD
22:10 <snubs>: But you were perfect as young Jack.
22:10 <Kotlclvr13>: Yess I love the triangle
22:10 <Marshal>: As far as I know, Edwin is still around. Just very busy.
22:10 Polehaus53 quit
22:10 <Kotlclvr13>: Edwin’s great 😂
22:11 <DrWatson>: I would love a Blackgaard comeback
22:11 <DrWatson>: If Earl Boen is still alive
22:11 <Bren>: Speaking of Mr. Proctor, do you see any chance of a Leonard return?
22:11 <Marshal>: I would love to hear from Edwin again. The actor lives in Hawaii, however.
22:11 <Kotlclvr13>: Oh wow
22:11 <Aiorocks101>: could he record remotely like has been done lately?
22:11 <Jodi>: I don't have any questions at this point, but this is my 1st time in a chat like this! It's rather fascinating reading all the conversations!
22:11 Guest881 joined #bchat
22:12 <Marshal>: We haven't talked about Leonard.
22:12 <ASmouseInTheHouse>: A Leonard Meltsner return would be interesting.
22:12 <snubs>: We are glad to have you, Jodi! =D
22:12 <Kotlclvr13>: are there any upcoming meet and greets or events at which we can meet some cast and crew?
22:12 <baysimp>: You could get a new actor for Everett since his voice should have changed by now.
22:12 <snubs>: I always forget about Everett...
22:13 <Marshal>: I don't know if we're going to do anything with the cast and crew meet and greets until the 1,000 episode. But that should certainly be a part of it, if all goes well.
22:13 <Kotlclvr13>: Ooh well I’d love to meet some
22:13 <Kotlclvr13>: any chance they’ll be up in Canada? 😅
22:13 <snubs>: I've been saving up for whenever that happens. I really want to be there!
22:13 <Bren>: In my mind, I picture Leonard factoring into the situation with Will passing.
22:13 <Jodi>: Wow! How close are you to the 1,000th episode?
22:14 <Marshal>: 2024 we will record it.
22:14 <ASmouseInTheHouse>: @Bren same here.
22:14 <baysimp>: same, Bren
22:14 <Marshal>: Not sure about Canada.
22:14 <Jodi>: 😃
22:14 <OdysseyFan>: So no chance of a 35th Birthday event this year or next?
22:15 <LauraIngalls>: Atlanta!!! Come to Atlanta.
22:15 <Kotlclvr13>: ngl, sometimes I feel a little disconnected up here 😂
22:15 <Guest881>: Or Valdosta
22:15 <snubs>: YES!! closer to the east coast! =D
22:15 <Marshal>: No, the 35th is going to be low-key. I'm hoping we put all of our eggs in the 1,000th episode basket.
22:15 <baysimp>: east coast, please!
22:15 <Kotlclvr13>: Northhh 😂
22:15 <Bren>: Of course, I also picture a touching moment where Whit and Eugene trade roles, ala Gone
22:16 <Bren>: Where Whit doesn't get the proper goodbye on earth
22:16 <baysimp>: that would be very touching
22:16 <bookworm>: That wouldn't be touching it would be incredibly sad
22:17 <Danielroth>: Would love a fun nastalgic 1'000th episode
22:17 <snubs>: stop talking about Eugene dying. I don't like the thought of that happening. :(
22:17 <Kotlclvr13>: Any way they handle the Eugene thing, I’m gonna be bawling 🥲
22:17 <snubs>: Same
22:17 <J>: There was an episode written about Eugene leaving before, "The End of an Era". Has that material played any role in the conversation about Eugene's future?
22:17 <Guest881>: I hope they just find a similar voice like they did for whit. Not a fan of losing his character on the show
22:18 Guest881 quit
22:18 <Marshal>: We are trying our hardest to handle the Eugene thing with care. Remember, we have lost a friend too. It's going to be hard on some of our actors.
22:18 Postette joined #bchat
22:18 <Kotlclvr13>: Can’t imagine what you all are going through with it 😔
22:18 DrWatson quit
22:18 <Danielroth>: I respect that Marshal
22:19 <Jodi>: Marshal, that's so caring & thoughtful!
22:19 <snubs>: I'm honestly glad I don't have to be the one making those decisions. It's hard for us, but I know it's even harder for you guys.
22:19 <Marshal>: But like I said, there are no good solutions.
22:19 Ritz joined #bchat
22:20 <LauraIngalls>: Well, I've gotta sign off, but I just wanted to say thanks, Marshal! I enjoyed you taking the time to do this.
22:20 <baysimp>: Farewell, Laura!
22:20 <Bren>: Do you happen to know when the tribute podcast will air?
22:20 <Aiorocks101>: I'd like to voice my concern about the large presence Social Media and Smart Phones have on the show. Maybe I'm old fashioned or a hypocrite, but I like the escape AIO gives, and hearing Connie and others talk about "FaceBase" really takes away from the timeless feel that the show is supposed to have. I don't mind cell phones and texting, but hearing about Apps also takes me out of it. I also don't like hearing the kids having cell phones, in my opinion kids shouldn't be running around with phones before their teens. Un-Tech the Halls
22:20 <Marshal>: You too!
22:20 <snubs>: byeee, Laura!
22:20 <Nini>: Bye, Laura!
22:20 Polehaus53 joined #bchat
22:20 <Marshal>: Nathan is working on the tribute now.
22:20 LauraIngalls quit
22:21 <J>: I will note, to be fair, that social media and smart phones have a large presence in real life. A lot of kids *do* have cell phones.
22:21 <Aiorocks101>: Un-Tech the Halls has Camilla playing games on her phone. Why does she have a phone at 8 years old?!
22:21 <Kotlclvr13>: aiorocks101 I feel that too
22:21 <J>: The show might not always be strictly realistic, but it wouldn't address real issues a lot of people have if it didn't acknowledge those facts.
22:21 <baysimp>: It's because all the fans are sheltered homeschoolers and none of the kid characters are.
22:21 <Bren>: My niece had a tablet at age 2. This is common these days
22:21 <baysimp>: *generally speaking*
22:22 <Kotlclvr13>: I’m not 👀 😂
22:22 <Marshal>: I appreciate that perspective on cell phones, and you may be right. But we are also trying to make the show relatable, and cell phones and other technology is part of our culture now.
22:22 <snubs>: Yep.
22:22 <Postette>: Unfortunately these days they give five yr olds even a phone. That’s just how the times have changed. My kids won’t. And baysimp that is a bit harsh. I was homeschooled and was not sheltered from the realities of the world.
22:22 <Polehaus53>: @Marshal as showrunner, what general direction do you want to see Odyssey go and what kind of episodes would you produce to attain this?
22:23 <Marshal>: I led the Writer's Meeting in February, and I emphasized making sure our main characters are heard from, making sure we tell stories with relevant themes, and hitting on deep topics.
22:24 <Bren>: I like some of the deeper stories we've seen as of late.
22:25 <OdysseyFan>: Falling asleep y'all take care keep collecting AIO. Thanks Marshal
22:25 <Postette>: I think y’all are doing a great job. I look at what lessons they are teaching kids and then from the perspective of an adult what lessons to take away from a parental perspective.
22:25 <Marshal>: I like a variety of episodes. Comedy, drama, mystery, Bible shows, history, etc.
22:25 <Kotlclvr13>: I do appreciate a good comical single episode, which the new albums seem to be lacking. I like that in the older sagas, there were still plenty of episodes between the ones part of the arcs.
22:25 <snubs>: I'm watching Andy Griffith right now. Goober reminds me a little of Wooton. =P
22:25 OdysseyFan quit
22:25 <Marshal>: We have quite a few comical episodes in the works.
22:26 <Postette>: @snubs “Judy, Judy, Judy”
22:26 <Kotlclvr13>: Niceee
22:26 <snubs>: xD @Postette YES!
22:26 <Postette>: 🤣🤣🤣
22:26 <Bren>: I also am enjoying the emotional scenes as well. The hair washing scene with Carla and Bridget gave me all the feels.
22:26 <Jodi>: I've been on this chat just a short time, but I do need to skedaddle soon. But I do have a quick question before I go: regarding today's aired episode, Kids Radio, who was the fan of the Kids Praise gang & Psalty? 😃
22:27 <Marshal>: I don't know what you mean, Jodi.
22:27 <Postette>: @jodi I thought that was you girl
22:27 <J>: That was really early on; he might not have been there for that one.
22:27 <Kotlclvr13>: YESS PSALTY
22:27 <J>: It's a pretty obscure reference anyway. ;)
22:28 <Marshal>: Yes, that show was before my time. Was there something in it that reminds you of Psalty?
22:28 <Jodi>: In the background, as Whit & Brad were chatting, the Kids radio was playing a song from the Kids Praise 4 album
22:28 <Marshal>: My daughter was a huge fan. I definitely got my fill of Psalty.
22:29 <Kotlclvr13>: Psalty was great lolll
22:29 <Marshal>: Oh, really? I'm surprised we got away with that.
22:29 <Marshal>: Unless they gave us permission.
22:29 <Danielroth>: Marshal do you ever get story ideas from your kids?
22:29 <Jodi>: 😁
22:29 <snubs>: I've never seen Psalty. xD but I know what it is.
22:29 <Marshal>: Yes, and they hate it!
22:29 <Kotlclvr13>: I listened to it more than watched it
22:30 <baysimp>: Sandwich Initiative!
22:30 <Marshal>: That was my answer to Daniel's question, not about Psalty.
22:30 <Polehaus53>: I'd definitely be in favor of hearing more from the main characters, specifically Whit. I enjoyed Whit and Jason's interactions in "Fathers and Sons" and would be interested in hearing more episodes about their relationship like this.
22:30 <Kotlclvr13>: George Barclay picking on his kids in his messages 😂
22:30 <Marshal>: Yes, both of those. Preacher's Kid and Sandwich Initiative.
22:30 <Jodi>: Well, folks, have a lovely evening!
22:30 <Marshal>: Preacher's Kid was more about me, though. I am a PK.
22:31 <Marshal>: Bye, Jodi!
22:31 <Aiorocks101>: Did you burn down a house?!?
22:31 <Kotlclvr13>: Preacher’s Kid is a pretty tough one 🥲
22:31 <Bren>: Speaking of your kids, I think your familys dedication to foster care is amazing
22:31 Jodi quit
22:31 <Kotlclvr13>: Did you go through a similar experience?
22:31 <Danielroth>: Haha Marshall I can relate, I'm a PK to
22:31 <Marshal>: I loved doing foster care, but it was exhausting. I admire people who do it.
22:32 <Marshal>: My dad using me as an illustration at the pulpit.
22:32 <Kotlclvr13>: My dad sometimes does that too lolll
22:32 <baysimp>: Its origins may be before your time, but do you have an explanation for AIO's consistent usage of the term 'on restriction' for what most families call being grounded?
22:32 <Kotlclvr13>: ooh true lol
22:33 <Marshal>: I never used "on restriction" as a father. Always "grounded". Not sure of the origin of that.
22:33 <Marshal>: Hey, I'm going to need to hop off here.
22:33 <Marshal>: I really enjoyed this.
22:33 <J>: All right, it's been great talking to you!
22:33 <Postette>: It was great getting to hear from you
22:33 <Marshal>: All of you guys are fantastic!
22:33 <Aiorocks101>: Thank you Marshall!!
22:33 <baysimp>: thanks so much for being here!
22:33 <Kotlclvr13>: Thanks so much for doing this!
22:33 <Guest6712>: Thank you, Marshal!
22:33 <J>: Let Kelly Stables and Natalie Lander know the fans think they did a great job!
22:33 <ASmouseInTheHouse>: Thanks for taking the time to talk to us!
22:33 <Kotlclvr13>: Goodniiiight!
22:34 <Polehaus53>: Thanks for doing this, I enjoyed it!
22:34 <Bren>: This has been a wonderful evening of chatting with Marshal and we have covered a variety of topics. I personally had many of my questions answered. I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves. I want to once again thank Marshal for his time tonight. For those who don't know, we represent The Town of Odyssey message boards (thetoo.com), which is celebrating its 17th birthday on Friday. We would love to have you pop in if that is something that interests you. We hope to have at least one more chat in the coming months so stay tuned for that. If you like general talk, you can also check out #aio as well.
22:34 <Marshal>: Thanks for inviting me. If you're ever in Colorado Springs, let me know on FB and I'll come and meet you at Whit's End or something.
22:34 <Bren>: Once again, thank you guys for joining us. Thank you once again to Marshal for his time, and special thanks to @snubs for her help with promotion as well.
22:34 Postette quit
22:34 <J>: Take care!
22:34 <Kotlclvr13>: Byeee!
22:34 <Nini>: Thank you!
22:34 Kotlclvr13 quit
22:34 Marshal quit
22:35 ASmouseInTheHouse left #bchat
22:35 Polehaus53 left #bchat
22:36 <Bren>: That went really well
22:36 <J>: I'm inclined to agree.
22:36 <baysimp>: It was great!
22:36 <Danielroth>: Yes it did
22:36 Moviemanev quit
22:36 <Bren>: I'm really pleased with the turnout
22:37 <Aiorocks101>: This was great!
22:43 <Bren>: Someone needs to go through the transcript later and compile what all we learned tonight
22:44 <baysimp>: We got confirmation of 28 Hours!
22:44 <J>: I was very surprised by the Leonard thing. It's not quite accurate to say it 'reveals' a lot, but it reveals a lot about what the plot *isn't*.
22:44 <J>: Considering that the 'Leonard' angle was the one a lot of us fell back on to resolve the plot, the fact that they haven't discussed it is very interesting.
22:45 <baysimp>: He didn't say no about Jillian being the Chairman. . .
22:46 <Aiorocks101>: I don't know for sure if they will "retire" Eugene, but if so, it makes sense to not bring back Leonard
22:47 <J>: I think the idea was not so much to bring Leonard back, but to use his character as a plot device to explain Eugene leaving.
22:47 <Aiorocks101>: oh ok
22:47 <J>: A few years ago, he was said to have '3-10 years to live', and enough time has passed in AIO time that he could be bumping up on that.
22:48 <J>: But we know that's not planned now.
22:49 <baysimp>: That's interesting that he never even came up.
23:04 <J>: The homeschool point is interesting. We had a youth retreat last July, and it turns out that virtually everyone is or has been homeschooled. I think there's maybe two people that weren't.
23:04 <J>: I don't know that homeschoolers are exactly a *majority* of fans, but I think it's reasonable to guess they're a much larger percentage of AIO fans than they are a percentage of the population at large.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bookworm, thank you so much for posting the transcript! I wasn't able to make the chat and it was so great to read though Marshal's answers to the many great questions asked. I'm very curious about the 28 Hours thing!