PBS Kids

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Bren
Be positive!

PBS Kids

Post by Bren »

What were your favorite PBS Kids shows when you watched? I have a few that come to mind. Arthur, Clifford, Cyberchase, Dragon Tales, and Zoom, were all shows I consumed regularly. I still seek some of them out on YouTube sometimes.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. :cool:

I don't think any of the ones Bren mentioned were a thing yet.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I watched just about all of their shows to varying extents back in the day, but most were just now and then when I happened to catch an episode that was on, I didn't specifically be sure to watch or get sad if I missed one. Until they started Cyberchase and Fetch, I planned my afternoons around seeing every episode of those two shows!
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I was homeschooled after 3rd grade, but it was always fun to run up the driveway after school and turn on the tv just barely in time for Fetch in 2nd and 3rd grade. Fetch was the only one we consistently watched, but I loved Zaboomafoo, Martha Speaks, and WordGirl too. WordGirl was sooo good. I loved it's 4th wall breaking narrator and the goofy villains like Evil Dr. Two-Brains, Chuck The Evil Sandwich Making Guy, and Lady Redundant Woman. When I was little I really liked Clifford. The PBS Kids website used to have some pretty good flash games too. There was one that was like an easier version of Pac Man with Buster from Arthur trying to get food while hopping on clouds and running away from alarm clocks.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Patterson wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:04 pm I was homeschooled after 3rd grade, but it was always fun to run up the driveway after school and turn on the tv just barely in time for Fetch in 2nd and 3rd grade. Fetch was the only one we consistently watched, but I loved Zaboomafoo, Martha Speaks, and WordGirl too. WordGirl was sooo good. I loved it's 4th wall breaking narrator and the goofy villains like Evil Dr. Two-Brains, Chuck The Evil Sandwich Making Guy, and Lady Redundant Woman. When I was little I really liked Clifford. The PBS Kids website used to have some pretty good flash games too. There was one that was like an easier version of Pac Man with Buster from Arthur trying to get food while hopping on clouds and running away from alarm clocks.
wordgirl was such a genuinely good, funny show. i haven't seen any of it in at least a decade, but i remember loving it.

i was a cyberchase kid, despite hating math. i just thought it was cool lol. i have a vivid memory of my mom recording a week's worth of cyberchase on vhs for me when i went to vacation bible school one summer. i think "the snelfu snafu" two-parter was on that tape, but with the very end of part 2 cut off because the tape ran out.

obviously, i was into arthur because it was great, and fetch with ruff ruffman. i thought i was destined to be a contestant on the show, despite living nowhere near boston, where it was shot- or being even remotely involved with acting as a child.
he/him | a little stinker.