0020: Mike Makes Right

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

1 square
No votes
2 square with rounded edges
No votes
3 trapezoid?!
100%
4 oval
No votes
5 circle
No votes

Total votes: 2

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

0020: Mike Makes Right

Post by KODY 105 »

This episode broadcast on 2022-03-16
Episode summary
Billy Barton, the bully of Odyssey Elementary, gets into a fight with Mike Caldwell. When Mike wins, he becomes arrogant and lets stardom go to his head.
My thoughts
Mike Makes Right is an OK episode. Kids need to learn that you can't rest on your laurels from one lucky break. You have to actively maintain your on-top status.

Wait, it's not about that? Eh, whatever. Some people would say that you should stand up to bullies. Some people say that you shouldn't. Jesus told us to turn the other cheek. That's a hard lesson to swallow. Although frankly, I am not sure that gets explored in this story. Of course, one should remember to defend others, particularly weaker people. But actually this isn't the story either.

Once Mike goes down his path to supposed greatness, he lets it go to his head. And then he thinks he can get his way and avoid trouble based on reputation. Well, this loops back to paragraph 1.

3/5
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

It's okay... I remember as a kid my Dad didn't like this episode because he preferred the Andy Griffith Show's take on bullies.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?