016: No Stupid Questions

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What are your thoughts?

No votes
No votes
50%
50%
No votes

Total votes: 2

TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
016: No Stupid Questions

Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

Many people don’t want to be bothered with a youngster’s constant stream of stupid questions. But some do. Whit makes a perfect match in this sensitive story of mutual understanding.
I liked it. It felt... like a prototype of later stories. Maybe it's because it was originally a Family Portraits episode like 017-018 A Member of the Family; they were just getting their bearings on the concept of Odyssey after all. I wonder why this was broadcasted after 017-018 aired.... Maybe to keep the continuity between those two episodes in the broadcast schedule.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Eh, I was OK with this one getting lost. It's not bad, just meh. I like unusual friendships, like Doc Brown and Marty McFly in Back to the Future or those guys in The Upside.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

This was a good episode. I don't agree that there are no stupid questions, but I think a huge part of it is also a person's reaction to questions. Mr Gottlieb gently tried to answer Meg after everyone calmed down and he realized her questions were in good faith. You're gonna have stupid questions meant to just annoy from a troll, or you're going to have questions that just are badly timed like Meg's in the episode. In the case of my younger brother, it's normally both *painful fake laugh*.

I do think a kid with Meg's curiosity and lack of social skills would get pretty fed up with adults telling her, "Not now" though.

Another scattered thought is that the chatterbox woman talking to Whit in the episode just makes me think of his cousin in Hear Me, Hear Me.

On an unrelated note, I seem to remember this episode being an easter egg hidden somewhere on the podcast page of whitsend.org for a while. I think "You're not Gonna Believe This" and "Light's Out at Whit's End" were too. I think it was under Secret Word Contests.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------