The Return of Local Mods

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Bren
Be positive!

The Return of Local Mods

Post by Bren »

Greetings fellow ToOers,

I am pleased to announce the return of the local mod position. However, for the first time in a while, we will have what I will refer to as our Whit's End Employee. This mod is responsible for keeping Whit's End and Episode Reviews cleaned up. This position will be filled by @Polehaus53. While he is new to serving here, he has served in a mod role elsewhere in the AIO community and we are happy to have him on the team
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Welcome to the team, Polehaus53! It's great to have you on board. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Bren asked me to give an overview of the history of local moderators since it's not been a common concept in recent times.

From the beginning of the board the standard method of forming a mod team was for each of the main forums to be assigned specific members of the Police Force as local mods with just a couple global moderators who would oversee all sections. This remained the norm until Term 5 when the number of global mods was greatly increased, then in Term 6 the entire team was composed of global mods with only the CCDS forum having designated moderators. Term 7 returned to the original practice, but beginning with Term 8 a global mod team with an additional few members assigned to CCDS became the norm. Term 10 saw the inclusion of Gower's Field as an area given a designated mod as back then RPs were much more active.

This format of global moderators with two local assignments remained in place until Term 22 when Gower's was dropped as a designated assignment, and a global mod team with a CCDS overseer was the format used until Term 30 which saw the beginning of a series of nontraditional administrations which included various Town Council formats and recurring periods of solo Catspaw administration.

Term 36, the first to return to a normal administration model, reintroduced the idea of assigning individual moderators to specific forums as their primary area of focus, though they did retain global mod permissions in case there was a need to cross moderate somewhere other than their designated forum.
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Thanks, Bren! It is an honor to be chosen to fill this position! I look forward to serving the community here. :mrgreen:
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the history lesson, bookworm! I had forgotten some of the details, so it was an interesting read. The big advantage is that someone can truly focus on one area and feel more invested in it, versus having people with such a range of areas.