Acid Reflux

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Acid Reflux

Post by Bren »

Do we have any acid reflux sufferers anound these parts? How do you deal with it?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's never been an issue for me, but it has been for my sister lately. I don't know exactly what she's doing for it - something over-the-counter I think. Sometimes it bothers her more when she bends over or moves quickly so she tries to avoid that when she isn't feeling great.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Used to. Had my gallbladder removed and it’s completely gone. Never felt better… don’t get gallstones guys, they’re whack.

For most cases a round of omeprazole (make sure you take the full course) will knock it out for a good six months or so, but if it’s a chronic thing that keeps happening you probably have some underlying cause that needs more attention than the acid reflux itself, if it’s just some one-off stomach ulcers or something, the omeprazole should knock it out and you’ll be good to go.