015: My Brother's Keeper

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

1 bugs
100%
2 modern AIO episodes
No votes
3 Bethany's Flood
No votes
4 most of the old AIO episodes
No votes
5 any episode with Eugene
No votes

Total votes: 1

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

015: My Brother's Keeper

Post by KODY 105 »

This episode broadcast on 2022-03-09
Episode summary
Phillip Callas gets angry during baseball practice and tells his younger brother Dean to go home. When Dean doesn't return home, the police get involved and try to track down the boy.
My thoughts
These parents expected a (12-year-old?) boy to watch his little brother while at baseball practice. Um, I realize it's not a real game, but practice involves being in certain places at certain times, and that precludes the ability of the brother from being able to keep his eye on his brother the whole time.

I believe responsiblity is a great lesson to learn. But the parents are at fault here for expecting a 12-year-old to somehow supervise his brother while at practice. All because the mother wanted to "run errands" without her kid. Look who was irresponsible!

Did the parents even learn about the stupid bug? There was that kid in Australia who died a long, slow, disabled, death after swallowing a slug after a dare. His friends might feel bad for daring him, but they're not the dead ones (and broke ones).

A rare miss from the early days. This one should have stayed lost.

1/5
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Maybe because it was a small town they didn't think anything bad would happen to Dean. This is Odyssey after all. Originally this was a Family Portraits episode, so maybe it could've been better quality. I will say, the actors back in those really early days had some cute voices. I also liked the little easter egg about Whit having a sister that would resurface 30 years later.
ImageImageImage
logos linked