The Classical Music Thread

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
The Classical Music Thread

Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

Hello, welcome to the classical music thread, where we discuss music from the dawn of time until now.

Here is one of the most interesting suites I have heard:
Sections:
Ouverture
Aria. Tempo giusto e affettuoso 4:59
Furies. Presto / Sarabanda. Cantabile 9:18
Menuet I & II 13:49
Gavotta 15:55
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

Nice! I'm not huge into classical music, but once in a while I really enjoy it. I really like Dvorak's string quartet No. 12 'American' His other America inspired works I've heard are pretty good too.

My sister is in grad school for music and teaching singing lessons, so whenever I'm around her I get to listen to a lot of classical music. From time to time, I send her something weird I found that's classical or at least classical inspired. I'm gonna put it in a spoiler tab so it won't take as much space.

Don Quixote puppet opera! Nuff said.

Everything's better with banjos!

Amazing that my sister liked this one. She said a sorta baroque style sounded surprisingly okay on the synthesizer. Definitely an underrated Star Wars song.

I haven't sent this one to her yet, but it's something I don't think she ever would have expected.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

This is happiness.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?