Favorite audio Bible?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Favorite audio Bible?

Post by Bob »

I've recently been using BibleGateway's audio player to listen to decent chunks of Scripture, particularly the psalms.

My favorite reader is Max McLean, who has a distinguished classical (nearly British-sounding) voice. Of his readings, the ESV is my favorite, because it's easier to keep up with than the KJV, more poetic than the NIV, and has a soft musical background.
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

Does anyone know a good one that's not dramatized and without music preferably in the NASB? My folks used to have a dramatized ESV one, but the voices and music were so overdramatic and off-putting to me that I couldn't stand listening to it.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've looked up verses on Bible Gateway but never used their audio player. That sounds like a handy feature!

I have CDs with Michael W. Smith reading the Gospels that I really like. He has a nice voice for it. I don't usually listen to the Bible but I do like audio stuff, so this thread is making me think I should do it more often! I think it was a year or so ago that there were some audio Bible passages on the AIO club - it was Katie Leigh, Townsend Coleman, and maybe someone else (probably Whit?) reading chapters. I really liked that.
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

I mostly just read it, filling in the voices through my imagination, so I don't really have a favorite audio Bible.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?