What role would you fill at Whit's End or in Odyssey?

Light fantasizing for those with free time

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

What role would you fill at Whit's End or in Odyssey?

Post by KODY 105 »

Mr. Whittaker is the kindly grandfather figure to a lot of the children. Eugene is the technical wizard who helps keep infrastructure running. Connie is the emotional heart of the place, along with any of the help that has come and gone over the years.

If you were a citizen of Odyssey, what would/could you contribute to Whit's End, or the town in general? Would you be a steadfast and silly mailman? Or perhaps the parent of some of the kids. Kids need those too.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I would probably work at Whit's End if I lived in Odyssey. Not only would I get a chance to exercise my cashier skills, I could also help out with Kids Radio. Plus, who doesn't want Whit as a boss?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

I'd most likely fill the same role/have the same job I do in real life, working at the public library. Now, if Whit were to hire someone specifically to maintain the Whit's End library on a daily basis I wouldn't say no to that...
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

As-is I don't do much in the real world. It does seem easier to walk around Odyssey and go places than it does here, though, which is important to me, since I don't drive. About the most I could aim for is I.S./RoC programmer, but that might not be very realistic, since I don't have many qualifications.

Anything talking about jobs is a bit of a sore spot for me. ;)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

In a world where I could do anything… the possibilities are endless. Of course I would jump at the chance to work at Whit’s End, but outside of that, it would be pretty cool to work on the set of B-TV! or be the basketball coach at Odyssey middle school or high school. A photographer would be fun too.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I would be the dead guy in the basement.
he/him | a little stinker.
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

I'd probably be a little theatre person myself, putting on concerts and the like.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I'd probably be driving fence posts down at Tom Riley's farm. I spent a good portion of last summer doing that for my folks.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'd start an arcade/snack bar across town and try to steal customers from Whit's End.

Kids still like arcades, right?
Wod Fam Choc Sod
Not as new

Post by Wod Fam Choc Sod »

I'd be working at Whit's End. Serving ice cream... working in the library... hanging out in the Bible room... sneaking a trip on the Imagination Station at absolutely every possible chance, no matter how slight!
Read Odyssey's latest epic: The Checkmate Saga!!!
https://juliettederouledewrites.blogspo ... kmate.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie: (whispering) Oh, she looks beautiful, doesn't she?
Jason: (also whispering) Beautiful.
Connie: (tearfully) Everyone looks beautiful!
Jason: Yes, Connie, they're all beautiful.
Connie: Your dad. Oh... he looks great in that tuxedo. He's... oh... he's...
Jason: Beautiful.
Connie: (still fighting tears) Yeah. And Katrina in that dress...
Jason: She got her stitches out just in time.
Connie: (quavering) I think I'm gonna cry.
Jason: Here's my hankie.
Connie: *sniffs* Thank you.
Jason: I knew all along, by the way.
Connie: Well, good for you. Can I cry now, or are you gonna keep talking?
Jason: Have a good cry.
Connie: (sobbing) Thank you. *dramatic sobs* *blows nose*
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Living in Odyssey is fun to think about. Although I’d be happy to work anywhere in Whit’s End, I would preferably want to work with the computers, working security or fixing glitches, or work in the Little Theater, doing setup and such for shows. Other things I’d also be interested in doing is working with Detective Polehaus or Mayor Spencer Hicks. Or working at Hal’s Diner; maybe I'd get some free samples of their food. :mrgreen:

Or maybe I could see if the Odyssey Times newspaper would be willing to do a story by me; I could write an article where I go to the Electric Palace and expose all of Bart’s unethical business practices! \:D/
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."