Pass-along CYOA

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Pass-along CYOA

Post by Bob »

This is a writing game that is a little bit more focused than many of them tend to be. I've seen similar ones work at other sites, and hope a variation might make for an enjoyable experience here.

This topic is an alternating series of paragraphs + options, and the choices that others make. I'll provide an example, since it might be hard to describe any other way.
Example wrote:
Poster #1 wrote:Bob the chicken stood on one side of the road, mulling his options.
1. Cross
2. Don't cross
3. Jump up and down
Poster #2 wrote:Don't cross. Who knows what might happen?!?
Poster #3 wrote:Bob knew crossing the road was dangerous. A car might run him over at any moment. He decided to walk along the side of the road he was already on.

Suddenly, a fox leaped out from behind a nearby bush! Bob:
1. Runs across the road
2. Freezes
3. Crows
4. Attacks the fox!
Poster #1 wrote:2, freezes.
Poster #4 wrote:In an instant, Bob's temperature drops to 0 degrees celsius. The fox is surprised. He sniffs the air suspiciously, then:
1. Moves in for the kill
2. Runs away from the super-powered chicken
3. Waits
Posts and lists of options should be a reasonable length, whatever is appropriate for the context. A paragraph or couple of paragraphs is fine, so long as you're not trying to write a novella in one post.

Being the first poster, it's on me to start things off.

Joe woke up hungry. He had missed his supper the previous night, and he felt it was time to remedy his situation. He decided to:
1. Eat leftovers
2. Get some cereal
3. Warm up some waffles
4. Skip breakfast
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

Eat leftovers. Everyone eats leftovers for breakfast, right?
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Joe decides that pizza makes a great breakfast food. "Pizza for breakfast, pizza with tea..."* He gets out of bed and sneaks down to the kitchen. The morning sunlight casts a soft glow through the kitchen windows.

Just as he reaches out his hand to the fridge door, Joe hears a voice. "Joseph Mario Hodges, what do you think you're doing?"

It was:
1. His mother
2. His wife
3. His sister
4. His phone

* from "Logical Journey of the Zoombinis"
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

His wife. Mom never would've let him skip dinner for work.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Joe retracted his hand from the refrigerator door as if he had been shocked, and half-turned. Audrey's red hair swirled behind her as she advanced into the kitchen. He tentatively replied, "Getting something to eat?"

"You agreed that we're saving the pizza for lunch," she scolded, removing his hand from the door handle it had crept back to. "Breakfast is too important to spoil it."

Joe responded:
(Reply with what he said, or did.)
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

"But we're all out of apple pie for breakfast and you gotta have pie for breakfast. Pizza pie is a pie, right?" He said, trying to diffuse his wife's anger by making her smile.

Edited to add a comma.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

"Sometimes you gotta have pie for breakfast," she replied, her green eyes sparkling, with a hint of a half-smile. "But this time, I thought I'd make breakfast tacos."

Joe decided to:
1. Accept the idea of breakfast tacos.
2. Ask why not the pizza now and tacos later.
3. Respectfully request a change to the menu. (Put the request after choosing the option.)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Accept the breakfast tacos. "Just don't put too much onion in mine" he requested. "I had onion breath for that big meeting with the boss last time and it still gives me nightmares" He shudders
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

"We're all out of onions anyway. I'm guessing that you don't want to try garlic tacos then?" She joked.

"Oh no," he replied, "Anything but that! Besides, garlic always makes Lawrence talk in a Transylvanian accent and pretend he's dying"

He heard the clock cuckoo several times and glanced up at the clock hanging on the wall. Joe noticed that:

1. He was late for work
2. The clock was broken
3. The cuckoo bird was replaced with a Captain Electric action figure
4. The clock numbers were on backward
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

2. The clock was broken.