Wordle

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Wordle

Post by Bob »

A topic for the internet-famous word guessing game!

The fad has already died down a bit (going mainstream does that), but this is still a popular game, and by now some of you might've played it long enough to get a good sample size of scores.

Right now my distribution is fairly balanced; I don't have any extreme results yet, although if I play long enough, it's likely I'll eventually get lucky and get it in 1 or 2, or have a bad run and go to 6 or 7.

A lot of people have 'favorite words' they like to play over and over. I do prefer to choose words with 'common letters', but I don't have a single set word or strategy like that, nor have I done an in-depth mathematical analysis. I don't officially play on hard mode, but I do often try to use letters that I know are good (that way, I have a chance at getting it right in fewer guesses, even if, on average, it will take more). You could fairly say that I'm not a 'serious' player.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'd been meaning to post about this as well for some time but never got around to it. I don't play the game myself, but figured it was worth a thread since it became such a pervasive phenomenon.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I thought it was worth mentioning I got my first in-2 a couple of days ago. I looked at it more methodically and scientifically than I usually do, and it paid off.

It didn't work the day after that, though. ;)