Favorite popcorn?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Favorite popcorn?

Post by Bob »

This thread seems appropriate based on recent #aio discussions.

I admit I tend to like buttery movie-theater-type popcorn, although it isn't very healthy. Maybe I'd like something else more if it was made, but you don't have very many options when it comes to microwave popcorn. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've never been a big popcorn person, but if I were to name a favorite it would be kettle corn.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like movie popcorn or microwave popcorn (extra butter). I really like white cheddar popcorn, and also dill pickle popcorn, and caramel corn...basically, I like popcorn. ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I like the movie theater butter microwave popcorn. I remember from when I was a teenager trying an Orville Redenbacher flavor called cracked black pepper, I think? I really liked that, but I don't think they make it any more.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Sam’s Club has this big bag of Reese’s Popcorn that is pretty smackin, but it’s also basically just a handful of sugar.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds super yummy, EK! You've reminded me that I have a bag of Oreo popcorn that I bought because it looked good, but I haven't actually tried it yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Laura Ingalls wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:12 pm I remember from when I was a teenager trying an Orville Redenbacher flavor called cracked black pepper, I think? I really liked that, but I don't think they make it any more.
So I apparently didn't like it enough to pay attention to it being on the shelves or not for many years, but I do remember liking that kind at some point in past decades. :(

But yeah actually I dunno for whatever reason microwave popcorn just doesn't do it for me so I don't really ever get it. Occasionally I get free popcorn from the theater through their rewards program, and that's pretty cool. Or occasionally get stuff from the weird gourmet popcorn place in town (good for them, but it seems weird that would be a self-sufficient business in a small-ish city). I like all the weird sugar kinds but my favorite is the spicy kind the local place calls "Afterburn" or "Afterbirth" or something.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I like kettle corn. It has some unusual flavor/property that makes it more interesting and tasty. In general I don't eat a lot of popcorn though. And unfortunately for one of my relatives who thinks Cracker Jack is a cute and tasty gift, it is not. It's so unlike popcorn that I re-gift it to kids in my neighborhood who appreciate such things.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Since I had to have all my teeth pulled I don't consume popcorn much if at all these days. However, I always liked caramel popcorn in the Christmas tins.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

Caramel popcorn!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be