Combs, Hairspray, and a Brush

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Combs, Hairspray, and a Brush

Post by Bren »

I don't normally talk about this much, but I find differing hairstyles very interesting, and find myself studying how poeople style their hair with their parts and such. :anxious: :oops: So, it got me wondering. What is YOUR hairstyle? In the summer I go with a crew cut. However, the rest of the time, I go short on the sides and long enough on the top to part to the left.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I hate having hair in my face, and have ever since I was a kid. I typically have my hair parted in the middle and I keep it long enough to have it in a ponytail. No bangs - they drive me crazy! It's easy and speeds things up in the morning.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I guess only Catspaw has hair. :-k

I love when I can get my hair to part correctly. Like tonite:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

I often just wear my hair in a pony tail or bun to keep it out of my face while I'm working. When I have it down I normally have a deep part on the left side. My hair is more naturally curly if I take care of it but it's a lot of work so that doesn't happen all that much. :anxious:
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I think your curly hair is pretty @KnittingFun14. It looks thick though, which I imagine is a pain to manage.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bren wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:08 pm I guess only Catspaw has hair. :-k
Bren, let's try not to make everyone else feel bad. There's nothing wrong with being bald. :yes:

I'm glad you were enjoying a good hair day! That's always nice.

KnittingFun, as a person with super straight hair I always wanted curly hair, but I believe it can be a hassle sometimes!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Catspaw wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:37 pm
Bren, let's try not to make everyone else feel bad. There's nothing wrong with being bald. :yes:
I actually fear my hair thinning. Just to think that one day it could happen scares me.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bren wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:16 am
I actually fear my hair thinning. Just to think that one day it could happen scares me.
I still have plenty of hair, but I do think I'm starting to go gray prematurely, which makes me unhappy. I don't typically dye my hair, but I might start. I'm trying to decide how vain I am. ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:18 pm
I still have plenty of hair, but I do think I'm starting to go gray prematurely, which makes me unhappy. I don't typically dye my hair, but I might start. I'm trying to decide how vain I am. ;)
Haha, I have turned sooo gray in the past few years. I think it's genetic, my mom and Granny also went gray on the earlier side.
I'm just kinda embracing it, I'm too lazy to have to keep up with coloring.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I know at my age it isn't even a big deal at all to lose hair, but I still don't want to. >_> A few of my friends were pretty much bald by their mid-20's, so at this point I wouldn't have anything to complain about. I think my hairline has receded a bit but its hanging in there otherwise. A few grays sneaking in, but as a male, that's a cool thing. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:48 pm
Catspaw wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:18 pm
Haha, I have turned sooo gray in the past few years. I think it's genetic, my mom and Granny also went gray on the earlier side.
I'm just kinda embracing it, I'm too lazy to have to keep up with coloring.
Oh good, it's not just me. :hug: I really am struggling between the hassle of keeping up with dyeing my hair and my vanity at thinking I'm too young to have white/gray hair on my head. ;) My usual hairdresser is on maternity leave right now so I'm waiting until she's back to do anything.
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I've got a little patch of white hair on the back of my head. It's small enough that it doesn't like to show up very well most of the time though(because I take photos of the back of my head like a completely normal person). My parents first noticed it when I was about thirteen. Once a total stranger came up to me at the grocery store all excited and showed me that she had a natural white patch of hair too. That was pretty weird. My church has a policy at potlucks that "Grey hairs" go first in line so the old people can sit down sooner and my friends like to joke that I could be first in line on a technicality.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------