Energy Drinks

Take years off your life! But be awake for the few remaning.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

pick your poison!

red bull
11%
rockstar
No votes
monster
No votes
bang!
11%
alani
No votes
nos
No votes
some "healthy" option
No votes
i drink coffee, like an adult, you child
33%
i get an adequate amount of sleep
33%
i am a superhuman who receives energy directly from the power of the sun
11%

Total votes: 9

Steve
No way I broke the window

Energy Drinks

Post by Steve »

i'm not like a big energy drink consumer, but i'm a biiiiig fan of tropical red bull. what's everyone drinking to stay awake these days? i tried an alani this morning and really hated the taste.
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've never had a single sip of any energy drink, and never will. I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine so I'm worried it would make my heart explode or something.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

For the most part I try to steer clear of energy drinks. I've had a bang or 2 since they came out, but I mostly prefer to go with coffee.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Bang from the list, C4 might be my new favorite. It has 60mg less caffeine (at least most of them do, I think they have some that hit 300), though, which is very sad. Reign is also good, although they have fewer flavors and seem to axe them frequently. Haven't seen their peach in a long time, I think it died.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I used to drink Coke Zero if I needed some caffeine for a headache or something. But then my heart decided to go all wonky on me after my third kid, and I get palpitations. :( So now I avoid as much caffeine as I can, which is a problem when I don't get enough sleep or have a bad headache.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Laura Ingalls wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:35 am I used to drink Coke Zero if I needed some caffeine for a headache or something. But then my heart decided to go all wonky on me after my third kid, and I get palpitations. :( So now I avoid as much caffeine as I can, which is a problem when I don't get enough sleep or have a bad headache.
Boooo. But props for taking care of yourself. Coke Zero is God's favorite soda.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Ah, the way you phrase the question and answers leads me to "I get an adequate amount of sleep." I am blessed to get enough sleep. The world wouldn't want to see me on coffee or Mountain Dew or anything stronger, anyways.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't know if I always get enough sleep...but I guess I get enough, since I don't need any of the listed products to get through my day. ;) No coffee or energy drinks here, and if I drink caffeinated pop, it's probably an afternoon treat on the weekend, not to keep me awake. I do like chocolate milk in the mornings! \:D/
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Has anyone else tried the Gatorade Fast Twitch? It's quite addictive.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I would be willing to try, haven't heard of it. :shock:

Over a year later, my current favorite brand is Ghost. \:D/ A lot of those are good but Swedish Fish is probably my favorite.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Caffeine free since the afternoon of Sunday, April 26th, 2009 8-)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Jonathan wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:29 pm Caffeine free since the afternoon of Sunday, April 26th, 2009 8-)
personally, i'm caffeine free since about 6pm cst, april 25, 2023. 8-)

had to lay off most of the energy drinks lately. i was getting wicked acid reflux and whaddayaknow, not drinking 37 grams of sugar and 111 milligrams of caffeine may have been contributing to that.

i do really enjoy the occasional prime energy, though i think they're owned by logan paul, who's incredibly lame, so i don't like spending money on them lol.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Cherry Coke Zero.

Enough carbonation and caffeine to keep me going with that classic aspartame taste every empty nest mother in the southeast just can’t resist.

I have to consciously limit myself to like two of those aspartame sodas a day. It really is addicting.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

EK wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:44 pm Cherry Coke Zero.

Enough carbonation and caffeine to keep me going with that classic aspartame taste every empty nest mother in the southeast just can’t resist.

I have to consciously limit myself to like two of those aspartame sodas a day. It really is addicting.
Suddenly grateful that my parents didn't let me drink soda as a kid.

The coffee addiction is real, though, so I'm not sure it's any better. At least I've weaned myself off it somewhat since college and stopped adding a truckload of sugar.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I think the sugar is what’s the real devil when it comes to these things, the caffeine is fine, it’s not good of course as an addictive substance, but it is pretty innocuous for sustained use.

Probably best to avoid getting addicted to stuff though, but I think sugar is probably the most dangerous thing in these drinks, and it is quite addictive in it’s own right.
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I drink way too much Mountain Dew. It's not my favorite pop, but one of the better caffeinated ones in my opinion. I"m a type 1 diabetic who gets a lot of low blood sugar at work and pop cans last a lot better in a hot or moderately cold car than juice or candy.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------